Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Head of ICT, the Incumbent will be responsible for developing and managing the bank’s infrastructure and data centres to ensure 99.9% system availability. Further, he/she will ensure users get a seamless experience with the systems in accordance with the bank’s overall strategy and with an aim of achieving its target in providing financial services to its customers.
The incumbent will perform the amongst others the below responsibilities;
- Network Maintenance and Administration
- Responsible for the overall Network and Active directory Design, Implementation and administration
- Proactively plan and budget for Network, Active Directory, Network firewalls improvements and implementation of new ICT Infrastructure
- Responsible for overall design, implementation and administration of email and office automation software and hardware.
- Provides end-to-end performance monitoring and management of Applications, Infrastructure, and system health in order to proactively identify weaknesses and address them.
- Develop and implement a long-term ICT infrastructure strategy and establish performance bench lines that ensure 99.9% systems uptime.
- Develops and implements Antivirus and patch management policies in line with compliance requirements and best practice.
- Adding/deleting/creating/modifying user account information, resetting passwords, etc in line with compliance requirements and best practices
- Maintenance of up-to-date inventory documentation of hardware and software
- Ensure proper Change management process and procedures and documentation of all system changes
- Troubleshooting and resolution of any reported problems in adherence to set SLAs.
- Vendor Management – Manages Vendors to ensure 99.9% systems uptime, user satisfaction and adherence to set Service Level Agreements
- Ensure proper management of the primary and secondary data centres by working with vendors and logistics department to ensure 99.9% uptime of power and ICT infrastructure.
- Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Setup, configure and distribute personal computers, laptops, and the peripherals.
- Develops and enforces policies for the desktop application and security environment
- Installing and configuring new hardware (servers, PCs, peripherals etc) and software.
- Network security
- Develops and enforces security policies for all PCS and servers including antivirus and Operating System updates.
- Develops and configures and manages authentication, authorization and accounting policies
- Maintenance of network servers file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Installation and support of Microsoft office applications, and other utility software.
- Ensure that only licensed software is installed in Bank’s hardware
- Install the licensed versions of the Microsoft Applications.
- Ensure and remove unlicensed software from user’s computers.
- Train users where applicable.
- Handle queries from user’s advice/assist or resolve them accordingly.
- Configure email clients for users.
Minimum Qualifications & Competence
- Degree in Computer Science/engineering or related field.
- MCSE and or Linux certifications a Must
- Certification in Checkpoint or CISCO firewalls, IBM, Sun/ Oracle highly desirable
- Have good troubleshooting analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess inter personal skills
- Continuous self-development.
- Good communicator, good listener, well groomed, quality conscious,
- Hard working and adaptable.
- High integrity.
- Capability to work with minimal supervision
Knowledge and Experience
- Wide Networking and project management experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, systems analysis, design, support development of Active Directory, LAN/WAN infrastructure as line or staff management.
- Directory, LAN/WAN infrastructure as line or staff management.
- Demonstrated experience integrating systems in multi-user, multi-platform, multitasking operating systems environments such as UNIX, Windows, TCP/IP
- Extensive experience in systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex Active Directory, LANs and client/serverbased systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern information security threats and competency in developing effective solutions.
- Demonstrated competency in project management in a cross-functional environment and experience in managing resources to meet goals on multiple projects
Method of Application
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your applications to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th September 2021. Please put the position applied for as the subject of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.