Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Kenya Airfreight Handling Limited (KAHL), a subsidiary of Kenya Airways Group is a company that specializes in handling of perishables for export. The handling cold-room facility is known as Triple F (Fresh Flexible & Fast) and is customs bonded and regulated. Services include – acceptance of pre-booked cargo consignments, weighing, temperature and packing quality checks, x-ray scans, pallet & container building, cold storage, pre-cooling etc.
We are looking to hire through the mother company – Kenya Airways, an equal to task individual to run KAHL. Reporting to the KAHL Board of Directors, the ideal candidate will develop the KAHL strategy, oversee marketing initiatives, portfolio growth while managing wide range portfolio of perishable air cargo handling services at the KAHL (Triple F) terminal handling facility within the relevant regulations, contractual provisions and customer service level agreement (SLAs).
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop KAHL strategy and oversee its implementation.
- Contribute to the definition and development of the KAHL product portfolio, particularly the cool chain cargo handling services.
- Develop attractive and cost-effective cool chain service offerings for the perishable exporters at JKIA airport
- Provide for an efficient and effective organizational structure to deliver agreed scope and standard of service.
- Drive the commercial engagement, sales and customer services to both airline and freight forwarders clientele.
- Ensure optimization of manpower, staff levels/shift patterns.
- Ensure suitably trained/qualified personnel are recruited/retained/developed.
- Develop and champion a security and safety culture within KAHL in compliance with relevant legislative/industry requirements.
- To ensure a healthy working environment in accordance with relevant industry and legislative requirements for personnel working in cargo operations.
- Routine monitoring of safety and quality critical activities within the operations.
- Ensure conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures.
- Liaise with the relevant authorities, customer airlines and other operationally relevant external parties.
- Manage stakeholder relationships and the meeting of contractual obligations as well as customer SLA.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills, and experience
- Relevant University Degree in a relevant field.
- IATA Diploma or relevant professional qualification
- 10 years of customer service experience in logistics/distribution industry – 4 must be in managerial position
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Must be a good people manager
- Strong organizational, planning analytical skills
- Experienced planning and managing human and material resources
- Experienced delivery of service in demanding distribution/logistics environment
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements can submit their application by attaching a detailed curriculum vitae through LinkedIn or via email quoting the position title on the subject of the email to Recruitment@kenya-airways.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.