Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist reports to the Program Director and will work closely with partner M&E focal point persons and county M&E and data management officers to develop and implement the MEL framework for Kenya Arid Lands Partnership for Integrated Development (Kenya RAPID+) program. The M&E specialist shall also work closely with the implementing partners supporting the program to set up and implement an effective program information and data management system. The M&E Specialist will ensure that program results data is accurate and complete and that rigorous analytics and projections are available to the Program Director and partners for learning and adjusting program activities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
Programme and Technical Roles
- Set up and manage the Kenya RAPID+ Program Monitoring & Evaluation and learning system while ensuring that there is adequate technical capacity to enhance the performance of the system to achieve optimal reporting of the program
- Closely work with the KENYA RAPID+ hub and partner team to review the joint MEL framework and theory of change with a view to developing an annual performance management plan (PMP) with clear targets per implementing partner per year
- Lead the development of annual and quarterly work plans that are in line with the PMP and activity work plan.
- Develop and adopt M&E tools for measuring and reporting on indicators performance; develop indicator guidance reference sheet for activity output and outcome indicators
- Lead the development of monitoring, evaluation and learning system for MWA and its partners. Also Provide leadership in organizing the M&E systems strengthening for KENYA RAPID+ partners and ensure that contract conditions related to M&E are fully implemented and shared on a timely basis to the various donors
- Provide site field support; review monthly and quarterly program staff field reports, compile quarterly field reports after analysis and consolidation, identify, draw action plan and implement partner specific action plans emanating from field monitoring and technical M&E support visits.
- Take lead in the development of effective approaches to facilitate the achievement of MWA M&E capacity building goals and train and or orient KENYA RAPID+ program staff and Partner’s M&E staff on understanding indicators description for the program, utilization of M&E tools, reporting requirements and analysis of M&E reports .
- Develop and implement M&E plan templates for use by MWA partners and support the Partners to finalize the M&E plans and review for approval, in consultation with the County data management specialist
- Support in developing TOR for external consultants and STTAs for baseline surveys, assessments and studies
- Coordinate MWA partners review of lessons learnt, innovative models and best practices, documentation, and dissemination with other collaborative partners during partner review meetings, development partners and stakeholders forums,
- Lead the development of knowledge management and learning platform and support the facilitation of learning and sharing of innovative models and successes of the program within the framework of strengthening the Program Learning agenda
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Able to research, learn and implement new technologies quickly
- Good technical writing skills
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Education: Preferably Master’s degree in Monitoring and Impact Evaluation, statistics analysis using programs such as STATA and/or SPSS, coupled with at least 7-10 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in WASH programs preferably with partners or sub recipients and multi-donor setup.
- Experience: Experience with Swiss SDC’s or other bilateral donor M&E framework requirements and conversant with their reporting formats. Experience with cloud-based data collection and analysis platforms.
- Understanding of Market systems and governance strengthening approaches will be an advantage.
Location: Applicants must have the right to work in Kenya and will be based in Nairobi with travels to project sites.
How To Apply
Application: Interested candidates should submit applications via email to email@example.com by 4th October 2021. Application should include cover letter and detailed CV with three referees including one from current/immediate supervisor. The email subject line should be titled: Finance and Administration Manager.