Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PRINCIPAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER, (1 POST) JOB GRADE 4 REF: KICC/PSCO/2021
The Principal Supply Chain Officer reports to Supply Chain Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Preparing and consolidating procurement and disposal plans;
2. Coordinate market surveys and research for goods, works and services;
3. Maintain and archiving of documents and records of the procurement and disposal activities for the required period;
4. Preparing the Corporation’s framework agreements for goods, works and services;
5. Consolidation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual statutory and management reports on procurement activities;
6. Contract implementation and monitoring procurement contracts as prescribed in the procurement manual/ policies/ procedures to ensure adherence to the law;
7. Drafting advisory/ professional opinion on procurement matters to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
8. Preparing tender and asset disposal documents to facilitate competition and contract documents in line with the aware decision as well as issuance of debriefing letters; and
9. Preparing contract variations and modification documents for goods, works and services;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
1. Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration of any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
3. A minimum period of six (6) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at the level of senior officer.
4. Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing (CIPS);
5. Have a valid Practicing license from Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);
6. Have a certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
7. Proficiency in computer applications; and
8. Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Applications must comply with Chapter 6 of the constitution and avail clearance certificates from: –
- Directorate of Criminal investigation (Certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their application which should include: –
1. One page statement on how you meet the requirements for the position
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Indication of current salary
4. Professional certificates and testimonials
5. Three professional referees
Terms of Offer
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
i. Job Grade KICC 2 and KICC 3 shall be appointed contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
ii. Job Grade KICC 4 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Applications should be sent under confidential cover with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Reference.
“Ref: KICC/……………….20……..” not later than 11th October 2021 at 5pm to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P O Box 30746 – 00100
Women, Persons Living with Disabilities and Marginalized are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.