Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Full-time, Start-Date: Immediate Mandate
Our GroR platform enables smallholder farmers to access off-takers by ensuring full chain of custody and high-quality crops. We provide them with the right quality inputs, access to capital and risk-mitigation as well as training. In our current pilot project, we are present in Tharaka, Makueni, Bungoma, Lamu, Meru, Kitui and Kilifi.
Grain Connect is seeking a talented and experienced Logistics Specialist – Nairobi based to join our growing agricultural business by assisting the Grain Connect team to expand our GroR platform.
Reporting to the CEO of Grain Connect, the Logistics Specialist is expected to be responsible and accountable for the management of all logistics-related functions, including but not limited to setting up our hubs and moving containers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the full logistical chain of business from farmer to off-taker as detailed below:
- Facilitate the delivery of produce from one destination to another
- Do complete route planning:
- From farmer to local storage hub
- From storage hub to off-taker
- Manage activities throughout the purchase cycle, order fulfilment and transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are met
- Arrange and implement the logistics of setting up new storage hubs, this includes, planning, assessment of container quality, container fabrication, arranging civil works and transportation of containers on site
- Continually review freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down where possible
- Streamline / automate transportation processes to ensure efficiency
- Regularly provide complete logistics analysis and reporting
- Build and manage a network of third-party service transport providers
- Any other roles and responsibilities assigned from time to time
Key Competencies (skills)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively utilize the allocated resources in a cost-effective way
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload with a focus on urgency and importance
- Ability to work under pressure
- A proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders and ensure maximum productivity and speed
- Ability to understand and take advantage of differences in local transportation methods throughout the counties
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Operations Management / Supply Chain or any other business-related field
- Proven working experience of 5 years in logistics and supply chain management
- Expertise in logistics management specific to rural agriculture
- Good knowledge of efficiency and improvement tools and processes such as KAIZEN
How To Apply
Grain Connect believes that diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer whose team works hard to build respect, dignity and equity into everything we do. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented, driven and entrepreneurial minded people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your cover letter to email@example.com enclosing your CV.
We will only respond to electronic applications and to shortlisted applicants.