Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Moko Home + Living is a manufacturer and retailer of home furniture products. We pride ourselves on creativity, passion, and fun. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put high-quality, affordable living within everyone’s reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to mid-sized company with 300+ employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for a Senior Project Engineer who will be in charge of ensuring that our projects are running smoothly from conception to completion. They will also provide mentorship to the engineering team members to ensure growth and development in the team. Finally, they will act as the manufacturing toll gate for the product development process by making sure that the process is highly efficient and cost effective.
Prepare, coordinate and monitor projects from the initial conception to final completion. This will include:
- Scoping all the aspects of a project, carrying out research into the aspects that are unknown to have enough context to be within realistic timelines
- Keeping all the stakeholders accountable and informed by creating a process that stakeholders can feed into for seamless execution of big projects
- Seeking knowledge about our manufacturing processes to understand all interdependencies and make suggestions that can ease the manufacturing process for most projects
- Recognizing risks that can affect the timeline or budget of projects and taking relevant measures to avoid failures
Mentorship and coaching:
- Providing constant mentorship and coaching to the engineering team
- Guiding and supporting the engineering team in process improvement projects on reducing delay or operating frustrations
- Assigning responsibilities and tasks across all engineers to meet the departments objectives and key results
- Reviewing the company’s and manufacturing goals to identify how the engineering department contributes and create a department’s scorecard that supports the overall vision
- Attending manufacturing war rooms as needed to understand how to serve the production team better and understand where the partnership is failing
Being the manufacturing toll gate for the product development process:
- Ensuring that the product designs agreed on are the most cost effective but not compromising on the functionality attributes
- Making sure that the design team is creating designs that enhance easiness in the manufacturing process
- Bringing in the manufacturing problem solving aspect into the design process, understand other constraints that the design team may not be aware of and give alternatives
- Sourcing for technical engineer(s) when needed and working with themto understand the information they gather and communicate the impact to the design team
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. The constant, actionable feedback you receive will support your growth, and you’ll be given the space to build your technical skills and drive your professional development. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering or any related field
- You have at least one year’s experience in process and project engineering within a manufacturing setting
- You have experience in managing a team and working cross functionally across different departments
- You possess great organization and project management skills
- You have strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Prior experience working in a wood working industry is a plus
How To Apply