Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For its work Sanergy has been recognised by the Food Planet Prize, the UN’s Business Call to Action, Fast Company and most recently has been selected as a finalist for the inaugural Earthshot Prize in the category “ Building a world without waste”.
Having proven this model in Nairobi, we are now looking to replicate it in cities across Kenya and Africa. Implementing this expansion strategy will require raising up to $100m in technical assistance, loan and equity funding to develop and build facilities and operations in 10 new locations over the next 5 years. We will build on a strong track record in fund-raising which has seen us attract financing from organisations such as Acumen, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, DFC, Norfund and AXA Investment Management. As we expand beyond our Kenyan base we will be seeking to understand the funding landscape in new locations such as Rwanda, Uganda, South Africa and Nigeria and to leverage our networks to develop the contacts which we will convert into funding leads and eventually into concrete funding opportunities.
About the role
Sanergy has an opening for an exceptional individual who can contribute to Sanergy’s expansion fund-raising campaign, in particular by giving it a good technical base. This three month fellowship position will work closely with the Business Development Team to organise, develop and execute a pipeline of funding including technical assistance, debt and equity. The fellowship will provide training and hands-on experience as a member of the expansion assessment team, as well as networking and mentorship opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyse needs and requirements.
- Conduct self-directed research to identify potential funders in new locations
- Creation and management of a pipeline database
- Creation of appropriate presentation materials to approach and win over funders
- Participation in meetings with potential funders
- Responding to information requests from funders, including due diligence in the final phase of funding arrangement
- Creating an organised reference system for diligence documentation within google drive
- Provide assistance and encouragement to team-members with less experience with research, and data management and analysis applications.
- Presenting data or analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, graphs, figures and tables).
- Perform data analytics functions that generate knowledge via data mining, visualization, or other forms of data analytics.
- On-going or completed Graduate Degree from an accredited degree program providing training in business, finance, international development, or a related field of study (MBA and/or 1-2 yrs work experience would be a plus)
- Experience in research development & analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively across multiple focus areas
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast–paced, high–energy environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Google applications (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides), as well as Dropbox
- Basic understanding of and interest in circular economy and waste management
- Language: English required.
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humour.
15th October 2021