Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Clearing Operations Assistant
The Clearing operations Assistant is an entry level role responsible for the processing of all regular, restricted and legal transfers in coordination with the Transaction Services team. The overall objective is to perform moderately complex collections and payments operation tasks, by providing processing assistance for assigned projects.
- Provide instructions for a variety of tasks, including receipts and authentication, processing and recording, and reporting and reconciliation
- Perform cheque processing, return items and lock-box operations
- Responsible for ensuring that transactions are processed accurately, timely and in line with Citibank’s policies and Kenya Bankers’ Association’s requirements.
- Frustration of fraud attempts is also a key factor in the execution of this job.
- Post- dated checks booking and Liquidation
- Receiving Cheques and Collections from our customers.
- Reconciliation of Clearing Accounts
- Imaging Outward cheques and amount Input
- Preparation and Upload of outward cheques and commissions batches.
- Participate in UAT, implementation, and assist with training new team members including training initiatives as required
- Monitor and report errors to ensure adherence to audit and control policies
- Follow procedures and controls required for bank operations
- Provide feedback on project related activities
- Fulfilling the clients’ necessities while providing an exceptional client experience is the expected behavior from all our employees and it will be measured by specific metrics.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Effective written and verbal communication
- University Degree from a recognized institution with at least Second Class – Upper Division or equivalent
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.