Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR (JSG 4)
Job Reference Number: V/No. 25/2021
Number of Posts: 4
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable: Gross Salary Scale:Kshs. 169,800 – 227,600 p.m.
Work Station: Department of Building Services
Date registered: 07-Oct-2021
Opening Date of Advert: 10/08/2021
Closing Date of Advert: 10/29/2021
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Building Economics, Quantity Surveying or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registered as a Quantity Surveyor with a relevant professional body.
- Proficiency in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated professional competence in work performance and results; and
- Met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Supervisory Management level.
Job Core Competencies
- Sound knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Kenya;
- Ability to undertake accuracy of cost analysis for projects, repairs, and maintenance works;
- Demonstrated ability to perform risk, value management, and cost control;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking accuracy of cost analysis for projects, repairs and maintenance works;
- Performing risk, value management, and cost control;
- Conducting feasibility studies and project requirements;
- Preparing specification documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and – or the client;
- Calculating estimations and costing of works;
- Costing appraisal of material and labour scheduling for all on-going projects, quality control (on basis of construction program)
- Providing post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life cycle costing advice.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by:
- Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal:
- Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application-
- A letter of application;
- Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and academic transcripts;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any).
- Names of three (3) referees; two (2) professional referee and one (1) character reference;
- Certified copies of National Identity Card (I.D), Passport or any other relevant identifiable legal documents;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 29TH OCTOBER, 2021 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.