Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Institute of Human Development
Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. http://www.aku.edu
AKU-IHD is leading an effort to set up a research hub known as the UZIMA-HUB. The Research Hub, UZIMA-DS, will create a scalable sustainable platform to apply novel approaches to data assimilation and advanced artificial intelligence (AI)/ machine learning (ML)-based methods to serve as early warning systems to address critical health issues impacting young Africans in two domains: maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) and mental health. The programme is a joint initiative among multiple partners including AKU, University of Michigan, and KEMRI/ Wellcome Trust Programme among others.
The Project Officer will provide administrative support for all the Hub’s activities. The incumbent will be required to:
- Schedule meetings and appointments as necessary
- Assist with the planning and implementation of all activities for the project
- Attend meetings and take accurate minutes or notes and handle transcriptions as required.
- Write emails, prepare forms, and compile lists for various project activities.
- Assist in preparing project documents such as progress reports.
- Maintain and update project records.
- Help prepare training materials and equipment before training and safeguard them during trainings and workshops.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure smooth implementation of activities.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Early Childhood Development, Social Sciences or related field
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Should have experience in coordinating or supporting a research project.
- Should be proficient in MS Office with experience in drafting and presenting basic project reports.
- Should have experience working in a multi-cultural setting
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines
How To Apply