Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Director, Public Health.
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 04’ (Q) ONE (1) POST
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and evaluating implementation of statutory provisions and other relevant legislations in public health;
- Implementing public health policies, guidelines, standards, procedures and programmes;
- Monitoring the implementation of public health projects and programmes;
- Overseeing enforcement of international health regulations and rules;
- Preparing research proposals on public health needs;
- Preparing proposals for resource mobilization;
- Identifying relevant partners and agencies in support of public health programmes and projects;
- Planning and budgeting for the department resources;
- Coordinating the development of modern information communication technology in the department;
- Overseeing the development of strategic/ work plans, performance targets and contracts in the department; and
- Coaching and mentoring of staff.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Assistant Director, Public Health for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Postgraduate Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Food Science and Inspection, Solid Waste Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Epidemiology, Health Promotion and Education, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Environmental Health or Public Health or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Food Science and Technology, Solid Waste Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Epidemiology, Health Promotion and Education, Food Safety and Quality, Disaster Management, Solid Waste Management, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before THURSDAY, 25TH NOVEMBER, 2021;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.