Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the below post:
Programme Operations Manager (1 Post) – Turkana County
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented Programme Operations Manager to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana County.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, this role will provide strong technical oversight and leadership for the programme Operations functions across Mary’s Meals school feeding programmes.
The Programme Operations Manager is responsible for fleet, facilities, supplier management, asset management and warehouse management.
You will contribute to continuous improvement and efficiency projects and activities across our programmes, and support alignment to our school feeding model, helping to ensure quality, stewardship, and simplicity across our programmes.
The post is key to the ensure smooth day-to-day operations and will have regular interaction and strategic alignment with key personnel in the MMI Programme Delivery and Operations Team in support to the Head of Programme.
Key duties & responsibilities for the role include:
Work in a highly effective and collaborative manner with our global programme delivery and operations staff to support the Head of Programme in the following key areas:
- Lead on implementation of logistics strategies, policies, procedures, tools, continuous improvement, and operational excellence
- Implement monitoring of key performance indicators for all strategic areas of programme operations function.
- Proactively contribute to programmatic planning, risk management and reporting
- Strengthen communication across pillars, sharing best practices and learning, including forming and leading a highly effective operation team
- Deliver capacity building to operations team and promote a strong culture of compliance and highly robust ethics
- Work with procurement team to ensure strong cohesion between Procurement and our Operations function
- Implement efficient and effective fleet management processes and procedures ensuring adequate controls are in place (e.g. vehicle and fuel usage, spare parts, maintenance costs, etc.)
- Ensure vehicles are adequately tracked for operational and security purposes
- Review fleet key performance indicators and implement corrective action where required
- Effectively use Fleet Management and Vehicle Tracking Systems to ensure operational controls are met
Warehousing & Construction
- Ensure effective functioning of our warehouses and distribution process with emphasis on optimal stock level management and efficient distribution planning.
- Ensure the warehouse is highly organized, clean, and all transactions are traceable and transparent.
- Support global logistics staff in ensuring strong framework and processes to monitor performance (quality, cost, timeline) in construction projects such as kitchens
- Lead on the analysis and management of supplier performances in collaboration with Procurement.
- Working with the Procurement team on the development of a long-term strategic overview of procurement activities, reflecting planned and possible expansions in our school feeding programme.
- Actively manage supplier relationships to ensure that MM receives best value for money.
- Ensure efficient and effective facilities management processes and procedures with adequate controls are in place
- Ensure that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow-up on any deficiencies
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Routinely inspect office buildings and premises, and pro-actively resolve issues as they arise.
Working with others
- Ensure robust implementation and continual improvement of operational tools that lead to enhanced effectiveness and efficiency of our feeding programmes
- Ensure strong, ongoing training and coaching for all stakeholders of Programme Operations, in close collaboration with our MMI Programme Operations Team
- Regularly benchmark other relevant organisations for best practices and emerging opportunities for optimising effectiveness and efficiency of our programme delivery
- Facilitate information sharing across the Kenya team and our global programmes through the MMI Programme Operations Lead
- Work closely with the Operations team to develop meaningful weekly, monthly, and annual plans, and measure performance against agreed plans.
- Coordinate responses to external audits conducted by MMI Risk & Assurance, liaising with MMI Programme Delivery and Operations as required
- Develop a high-performing, innovative, resilient, and sustainable delivery team through constant coaching, mentoring and role modelling
- As part of your role, you may be required to travel to countries where Mary’s Meals operates.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g., social sciences, business administration, logistics) or demonstrable significant experience in a similar role, with at least 5 years relevant post qualification experience
- Strong commitment to Mary’s Meals vision, mission, and values
Proven experience of strong leadership of a function, and in coaching and developing high performing teams and individuals
- Strategic thinker, with experience of developing and delivering strategy in a complex environment
- Proven ability to identify and drive to a goal, and focused on delivering objectives while consistently demonstrating our values
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels
- Experience of monitoring, evaluating, learning, and reporting against agreed strategy and plans
- Strong analytical skills and effective financial management experience
- Strong cultural sensitivity, with an ability to work well with a wide range of people in many different contexts
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 7th January 2022 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.