Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DECLARATION OF VACANCIES IN THE KITUI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE
Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”
Pursuant to the above provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from suitably qualified persons who wish to be considered for the positions listed below:
Assistant Director – Revenue Collection,
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 05’ (P)
ONE (1) POST
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this post, a candidate must have:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Served in the grade of grade of Principal Finance /Audit/Revenue Officer, Job Group ‘N’ for a minimum period of three years or in a relevant/equivalent position in the public service or private sector;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Finance option), Business Management or Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) K or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- A member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants Kenya (ICPAK), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or institute of Chartered Financial Analysts (ICFA) or any other relevant professional body and in good standing; and
- Be Computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, organizing, coordination and administration of all revenue matters;
- Provision of advisory on revenue matters to Director, Revenue collection;
- Initiating internal controls and procedures within the department of revenue;
- Ensuring proper implementation of laws, financial regulations and procedures pertaining to revenue matters;
- Ensuring provision of quality and timely accounting services in the revenue unit. These include: Maintenance of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory reports; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by a competent authority.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200
Important information to all Candidates
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before 31st December, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment process. Qualified women, persons with disability and those from minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.