Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
About The Role
The overall purpose of this job is to manage the entire accounts payable process as well as keep accurate data of our Inventory levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the inventory and accounts payable process according to company guidelines and ensure processes are being followed.
- Maintain updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and cycle counts.
- Review documentation and monitor product codes to search for discrepancies; troubleshoot quantity discrepancies between stock and records.
- Prepare, generate, and file financial inventory & payable reports; review reports monthly with management.
- Nurture positive relationships with suppliers and provide customer service as needed.
- Create, monitor and report on dead stocks, damaged items and the resale policies of such items.
- Request for Payments to vendors by scheduling pay checks and generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding overdue accounts.
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices and statements.
- Reconciliation of Supplier accounts and responding to issues arising thereof.
- Posting payments and allocating them to invoices in Xero.
- Filing and ensuring all accounting records are properly kept and that the records can be easily retrieved when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and creation of Finance Standard operating procedures
- Participate in the annual statutory audit.
- Continuous improvement of the accounts payable & Inventory management process.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or business-related discipline from a reputable university.
- Professional qualifications e.g., ACCA, CPA and CFA would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three – years relevant work experience.
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Good grasp of financial & management accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Excellent knowledge of accounts analysis and reconciliation.
- Ability to prepare financial statements.
- Excellent grasp of taxation & relevant legislation.
- Strong creative thinking
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
The Senior Accounts Payable will be:
- Directly accountable to the Senior Management Accountant.
- Required to work with the Procurement & Operations teams.
- Statutory bodies
What we offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical.
- Flexible vacation.
- All risk Insurance.
- Office lunch.
- Opportunity for company stock options.