Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Lead the activities of the DIMA, including supervision of staff within the DIMA Unit.
- Translate relevant data global strategies for their implementation at the regional and/or country level.
- Prepare and implement regional or country strategies for data and information management, registration and identity management, analysis and statistics.
- Oversee implementation of and compliance with standards for data related activities at the country and regional level in the functional areas of data and information management, registration, and identity management, analysis and statistics.
- Ensure that the country operations receive technical support and guidance in the functional areas of data and information management, registration and identity management, analysis and statistics.
- Lead on exploring and establishing regional partnerships that strengthen the quality and use of data, statistics and analysis.
- Review and approve systems (i.e. digital applications) development requests from country operations to be elevated to HQs for the final decision-making, as part of the governance structure between HQs, the Regional Bureau and the countries.
- Participate and represent in (as delegated) data governance bodies, both internal and external, including interagency fora, activities and processes.
- Prepare and implement regional or country capacity development strategy in its functional areas consistent with global strategies and in collaboration with relevant entities and services.
- Chair and lead relevant bodies/platforms necessary to fulfil data-related responsibilities.
- Act as a Data Protection Officer at the regional level or Data Protection Focal Point at country level as delegated by the Regional Director or Country Representative.
- Review analytical reports and documents for internal and external use.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P5 – 12 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 11 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 10 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Law; Development Social Sciences;
Information Technology, with focus on Database development, Data management and Analysis;
Demography; Geography; Political Science; Business Administration;
Humanities; Statistics International Relations; Economics;
Information Management; Physical Science; Data Science; GIS;
or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR Protection Learning Programme
HCR ODM Module 7 Registration
Training on Emergency Registration
Operational Data Management Learning Programme
UNHCR Needs Assessment eLearning
Interagency Coordination Learning Programme (Information Management module)
Protection Information Management Training
Relevant Job Experience
- At least 8 years of substantive experience related to data and information management in humanitarian and/ or development contexts;
- Strong understanding of the principles and concepts of international protection and UNHCR;
- Ability to explain data and related systems in accessible language for business owners and to translate business requirements to data technical teams;
- Experience with phases of the data management lifecycle and associated methodologies;
- Demonstrated data literacy, especially the ability to derive information from data and present evidence to decision-making;
- Strong team-building, managerial, planning, coordination and representation skills;
- Field experience, preferably in a humanitarian context;
- Familiarity with planning, programming, strategic planning, project development, budgeting and resource mobilization;
- Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision-making;
- Experience working with partners, including host and donor Governments, humanitarian and development partners.
- Experience in process re-engineering (process redesign, process transformation, or change management);
- Experience with data sharing, data management, and data analysis;
- Technical expertise in registration, identity or biometric management systems. Experience with UNHCR¿s PRIMES applications;
- Knowledge of national and international statistical systems;
- Demonstrated understanding of civil registration and other national population registration systems. Demonstrated knowledge of UNHCR and interagency policies, standards, programmes and operations.
How to apply
This is an edited version to meet LinkedIn standards. For the official job description, please visit http://unhcr.org/careers – click on the Vacancies tab and enter job ID 32638.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Closing date is Wednesday 12 January 2022 (midnight Geneva time).