Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At the M.P. Shah Hospital School of Nursing, we are committed to providing excellent education and research opportunities. We are looking to recruit ambitious and career driven persons for the following positions due to expansion of its services in the College of Health Science.
Lecturer (1 Position)
Reporting to the Principal, the Lecturer will develop a supportive learning environment for student to develop graduate level by participating in the development, teaching, facilitation and assessment of the undergraduate nursing programs at M.P. Shah Hospital.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Curriculum development – Devise and develop nursing curricula and course material as approved by course committees and/or the Dean of the Nursing School.
- Compliance– Ensure that the Nursing school is compliant with the Kenyan statutory education legislation.
- Research – Utilize the nursing school‘s resources to conduct and support applied nursing research.
- Contribute to the existing body of nursing knowledge by publishing medical journals and research papers. Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and post graduate students in their research wo
- Managing resources – participate in the development of the Nursing School budget. Ensure appropriate utilization of the nursing school’s budget.
- Support students – Motivate, counsel and inspire students to be exceptional nurses and medical practitioners
- Human resources management – Manage staff under him/her by participating in hiring and selection process, conducting performance appraisal, discipline, motivation and distribute tasks among staff.
- Administration – Be responsible for administrative duties in areas such as admissions, assessment of student progress and achievement, student retention and attendance.
- Teaching and learning – Utilize at least 20% of worktime teaching, marking, and grading assignments.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelors of Science in Nursing and Post Basic Course in a specialty nursing area will be an added advantage
At least 3 years’ experience as a nurse lecturer
Experience in coaching and mentoring learners
Knowledge in research methodologies
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates in the above position are encouraged to forward their CVs and application letters on or before 15th Jan 2022.