Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER | UF/2022/26
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors Degree
Job Term: Permanent
Position Level: UF 5
Remuneration: Min Ksh 87,324- Max Ksh. 105,840
Number of positions: 1
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Information Sciences/Information Technology/ Records and Archive Management/Management Information Systems or related fields from a recognized institution;
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Member of a relevant professional body in good standing where applicable;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks is an added advantage.
Previous relevant work experience required.
A minimum of 4 years’ working experience
- Working experience in an ERP environment
- communication skills;
- Data Analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in EDMS Software and digitization
- Decision making
- Report writing
- presentation skills
- Knowledge of relevant Acts and Regulations governing Records Management.
- Project management
Behavioral Competencies/ Attributes:
- Team player
- Customer relationship skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results within deadlines
- Ability to lead and manage teams.
- Negotiation skills
- Fulfill the requirement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
The job holder is responsible for efficient and effective coordination of all UF products origination processes, implementation of record digitization and management, provision of archival and retrieval of all maintained and retained records, administrative files, identification and coordination of strategic partners, mail office management and implementation of enterprise wide documents control, reviewing the departmental business processes and increasing the level of performance through developing quality, accurate and timely analytical data and reporting. Mail office management and enterprise-wide documents control by ensuring security of classified information and maintaining confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act 2019. Further, the job holder is responsible for reviewing the divisional business processes, increasing performance through developing quality, accurate and timely analytical data to support the Fund’s operations in achieving its strategy and mandate.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ensuring implementation of data and documents strategy of the Fund’s enterprise-wide records systems and processes;
- Ensuring implementation of annual work plans to achieve divisional goals, targets, and objectives;
- Interpreting and Implementing data quality assurance policies, procedures, and standards;
- Participating in the implementation of policies and procedures to support the achievement of the records management section and the Operations division;
- General supervision of the registries (secret and general);
- Supervising, guiding and developing support staff within the registry;
- Ensuring that all outgoing and incoming correspondences are recorded and filed appropriately
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Implementation of work plans to achieve departmental goals, targets, and objectives;
- Documenting internal controls and quality assurance to ensure compliance with set standard operating procedures;
- Analyzing data to identify areas for improvements in the quality system;
- Maintaining a deep awareness of how business operation works and explore available technology to ensure automation and effectiveness in service delivery;
- Implementation of the inter-departmental Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with other departments to enhance service delivery;
- Provide relevant projections and trends for planning and decision making;
- Implementation and reviewing of the Section’s budget and analysis of its performance;
- Championing delivery of online services, service innovation and business continuity planning at the Section;
- Motivating staff to achieve optimal performance at the department;
- Advising the Section’s head on identified staff skills gaps towards achieving the department’s objectives;
- Ensuring closure of all internal and external audit issues to ensure compliance;
- Championing the implementation and review of the Knowledge Management Framework at the Section;
- Ensuring adherence to the ISO QMS procedures and standards to ensure quality process conformity;
- Appraise the staff in the department in line with the schemes of service to ensure optimal performance; and
- Preparation and generation of standard, complex and/or adhoc reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review and consumption by users, business managers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Complying with the filing scheme of the Fund when carrying out filing of correspondences.Providing input into the budgeting process;c) Monitoring and reviewing the annual procurement plan for compliance.Providing oversight for all the physical assets assigned to the section (Electronics, workstations, office equipment) through secure asset management.
- Making operational decisions in supervising section staff direct reports;
- Making operational decisions on assigning work to section staff, monitor and review their performance.
Deadline: April 29, 2022