Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Secretary to the Tax Appeals Tribunal
Job Reference Number V/No. 27/2022
Number of Posts One (1)
Terms of Service Fulltime basis for a term of three years, re-renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Work Station NAIROBI
Date registered 21-Apr-2022
Opening Date of Advert 20-Apr-2022
Closing Date of Advert 27-Apr-2022
-For appointment to the position of Secretary to the Tax Appeals Tribunal, the applicant must possess the following minimum qualifications set out in 7(2) of the Tax Appeals Tribunal (Amendment) Act No. 7 of 2022, namely:
– 1. a degree in law, business, finance, economics, insurance or related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
– 2. a minimum of ten years’ experience in matters relating to the discipline referred to in item 1 above, five of which should have been in senior management;
– 3. has completed five years since he left the Authority, if the person is former employee of the Kenya Revenue Authority;
– 4. is not a tax agent;
– 5. has not been convicted of a felony;
– 6. has not been adjudged bankrupt by a court of competent jurisdiction;
– 7. has met his/ her tax obligations.
– 8. meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
-The duties and responsibilities of the Secretary to the Tax Appeals Tribunal are provided under Section 7 of the Tax Appeals Tribunal (Amendment) Act, namely:
– i) the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Tribunal
– ii) keeping proper records of tax appeals filed, judgment delivered and the tax appeals settled out of the Tribunal;
– iii) under the guidance of the Chairperson, providing policy and strategic leadership of the Tribunal and the Secretariat;
– iv) mobilizing and managing the resources of the Tribunal;
– v) coordinating the preparation and approval of annual budget estimates by the Tribunal through a resolution by not less than half of the members;
– vi) overseeing the financial management and administrative functions of the Tribunal in accordance with the Public Finance Management Act, 2012;
– vii) keeping proper books of account of the financial affairs of Tribunal; and
– viii) any other functions that may be assigned by the Chairperson from time to time.
How To Apply
-Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: https:www.jsc.go.ke_index.php_careers. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
– (a) A letter of application, clearly indicating the title and vacancy applied for;
– (b) A detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae, to include background information such as community service, financial discipline, involvement as a party in litigation and involvement in political activity including financial contribution to political party
-parties (if any) and criminal record, professional engagement for the last five (5) years, three (3) professional referees and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment;
– (c) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photograph.
– (d) Declaration of income and liabilities as at the time of making the application, using the prescribed forms “The Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities Form JSC 2b” which can be downloaded from the JSC jobs portal: https:www.jsc.go.ke_index.php_careers
– (e) Copies of testimonials, academic certificates and transcripts.
– (f) Professional certificates and membership to professional bodies.
– (g) Signed statement by the applicant confirming that he or she:
– i) has completed five years since he left the Authority, if the person is former employee of the Kenya Revenue Authority;
– ii) is not a tax agent;
– iii) has not been convicted of a felony;
– iv) has not been adjudged bankrupt by a court of competent jurisdiction;
– v) has met his/her tax obligations; and
– Successful candidate offered appointment will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies:
– • Kenya Revenue Authority,
– • Higher Education Loans Board,
– • Professional body (as applicable)
– • Directorate of Criminal Investigation,
– • Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
– • a recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
– The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 27TH APRIL, 2022 AT 5.00 P.M.
– Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
– Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
– Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
– The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
– THE SECRETARY
– JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
– P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI
– Telephone: +254 20-2739180
– E-mail: email@example.com
– Commission Offices: Reinsurance Plaza,
– Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.
You must be logged in to post a comment.