Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req27314
Job Title: IT Volunteer
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager, the IT Volunteer will be responsible for providing daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems.
IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
- Work with end-users or IT colleagues (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 and level 2 issues.
- Resolve or escalate Level 3 issues to appropriate internal or external resource (IT Manager/Regional IT lead /Applications team Service desk and vendor) as necessary.
Installation & Configuration and management of:
- Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals, using IRC standard Windows 10 operating system image.
- Specialized application installation and support such as, but not limited to, Office 365 suite, Workday, Rescue Net, ERP, IRHIS.
- Essential network services e.g., Printers, scanners, shredders, Audio Visual Conferencing applications etc.
- Verify and provide technical consultancy to procurement regarding purchasing spare parts for IT equipment and ensuring equipment purchased are of the right specifications and conform to the IRC standard specifications.
- Ensure data protection & backup systems are working properly (software & hardware) through BOX backup service.
- Provide level 1 and 2 support to end users tracking support tickets from a Helpdesk system or calls from any telecommunication channel.
- Assist with users e-mail account, creation, setup, archiving, termination, and distribution group management.
- Install, document, manage and support wired and secured wireless networks in the offices.
- In coordination with the IT Manager, put work plans in place for improving IT systems, Internet connections and local networks for better performance and benefits.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
- Regular monthly reporting as per the report template
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge and understanding in Networking and Infrastructure Technologies (LAN/WAP administration, Cisco Meraki environment, UNIFI)
- Knowledge and understanding of Office 365 Suite
- Virtualization expertise on windows platform environments
- Working knowledge in Cloud computing technologies and data storage i.e., BOX
- ITIL V4 fundamentals to administer and manage the service desk platform and improve SLAs and CRM will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: IT Manager
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.