Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Human Resource for Health (HRH) Intern
Title: Human Resource for Health (HRH) Intern
Location(s) of internship: Kakamega, Kenya
Program: Kenya Country Program
Start Date: June 30th ,2022
Duration: 3 months
Estimated number of hours per week: 40.
Will the intern be receiving a stipend? *: YES
Will the intern travel? (Local or international): NO
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Description of internship project:
In general, the Kenya Country Program is interested in rolling out a robust Internship program for several reasons. Since we believe that there are mutual benefits in any internship, it is our desire that we would like to highlight the potential benefits of a well-structured internship program.
PATH is seeking an intern to support the HRH team in USAID Boresha Jamii project to provide administrative, clerical support and assists in performing general HR work. He/she will also work closely with the HRH officers in the UBJ project. The intern will learn the major processes in PATH’s HRH system.
This internship is designed to provide a practical work experience to students or recent graduates from Human Resource college program. The intern will work together with the Country Program team in Kenya and will be mentored by the Country Operations Director.
Benefit to Intern:
The intern will:
- Gain experience partnering with operational leadership
- Learn to navigate relationships with stakeholders
- Refine their knowledge and understanding of a HRH system within a local context
- Have access and exposure to a local health network
Internship’s goals and learning objectives:
- Develop communications skills with program and operation team.
- Learn about HRH methods in a local health context.
- Refine organization and project management skills.
- Make recommendations to align and optimize HRH processes.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Develop customer communication techniques for bringing cases to resolution/closure.
- Gain comprehensive, real-world experience in HRH and relationship management.
- Thorough understanding of the complexities of the NGO work environment.
- Demonstrate ability to create database information system for the HRH.
- Assist to maintain the HRH database for the program staff.
- Assist in basic HRH processes within the program.
- Assist in managing the HRH contracts.
- Assist to prepare HRH reports for the HRH officers reviews
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
Intern will be evaluated based on outcomes of the proposed activities as well as on feedback from customers, peers, and internship manager assessment. The intern will meet regularly with internship manager and the rest of the team.
Required skills and experience:
- Diploma or degree in Human Resource Management.
- Current membership with IHRM
- Good negotiation skills.
- Drive to be a self-starter.
- Talent for out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Skill in MS Excel and Access a plus.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.