Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Logistics Intern
Hierarchical Supervisor: Logistics Officer
Job Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the logistics officer the logistics Intern will support the logistic activities of the International Medical Corps.
She/he will Assist Logistics Officer in all logistics support functions of procurements, asset maintenance, fleet operations, reporting of all logistical arrangements as per International Medical Corps policies and procedures, and moving all requests submitted by program staff in a timely manner through the proper procedures for purchasing goods and services.
This includes tracking all re-occurring and project-specific requests, coordinating with a large number of specialized vendors.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in raising Request for Quotations (RFQs) and quotation analysis, preparing the tender
and procurement documents.
- Participate in opening of tenders, quotations and evaluation work on task given by supervisor
- Assist in ensuring that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to
- Assist in Preparing procurement notices requests for Request for Quotations and have them
published for local purchase as required.
- Assist to maintain a database on all procurement activities for a project.
- Assist to follow up with suppliers to ensure prompt delivery, quality, quantity, delivery time
and place is in full action.
- Assist in identifying supplies as per International Medical Corps policies and procedures.
- Assist in updating the project on procurement status report, assist in procurement forecasts
and expenditure tracking Receives and compiles all asset lists from sites. Checks information
provided, when assets move, confirms with waybills.
- Assist in analyzing quotations and prepare bid analysis.
- Assist to produces the mission asset list for assets >500US$ and asset movements. Each
movement of asset must be justified with a waybill.
- Assist to manage the maintenance of accurate filing systems, with documented and supported
records of actions for audit purposes.
- Assist in monthly bills and normal day to day payment requisitions
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports by; updating Contract Management, Fleet
Report, Generator Report, and photocopying appropriate materials to include in reports,
supply lists, etc.
- Assists in updating online reports by; updating PTS, vendor catalog, vendor files, EDD filing,
asset list, and inventory lists.
- Assisting the logistics office filing by: updating online procurement File, asset hand-over file,
vendor documents file, Logistics staff documents file and etc.
- Assist in clean desk office maintenance
3. Additional Tasks
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum of a diploma in Business, Supply chain Management.
- Minimum of 6 Month’s professional experience in logistic.
- Good Understanding of Logistic Policies and Procedures.
- Good Command of oral and written English Fluency.
- Active enrolment in or completion of a recognized qualification from a tertiary institution of
higher learning, or similar educational programs. (Should present a letter from the institution
requesting the Internship and/or an application by the Intern showing intent to appear in an
interview for Internship).
- Ability to adapt to new environments and to establish and maintain good working relations
with individuals of different cultural backgrounds.
- Skilled in the planning and sound knowledge of computer software including word processing,
PowerPoint, and excel.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and a strong team-working capacity.
IMC is a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs.
All IMC staff are to be flexible and willing to assist in IMC operations as and when required.
How to Apply:
IMC Somalia is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send their cover letter
and CV to the following email addresses: email@example.com indicating the name
of the job as LOGISTICS INTERN in the email subject clearly.
Deadline for applications is 24th June 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.