Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Federation. The Kenya-Somalia Country Program of the LWF World Service provides assistance and protection to refugees and host communities in Kakuma and Dadaab refugee camps in Kenya and to returnees, IDPs and vulnerable local community members in Kismayu, Somalia.
Purpose of the position
Working in Dadaab Area Program under the direction of the Area Manager, the HR Officer is responsible for upholding the HR Unit in the field level. Human Resource (HR) Unit at the field , Is responsible for the processes of recruiting, training and compensations, staff benefits, implementing policies relating to staff, Implemeting strategies aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Support the implementation of existing policies, systems and mechanisms in HR.
- Actively pursue HR issues at PMT, proposal development, and policy reviews.
- Engage with staff on a regular basis through staff representatives (Staff Representative Council, SRC) in the field level.
- Stay updated on labor laws, regulations, policies and pro-actively seek information and share with the Senior Human Resource Office on changes.
- Create synergies between the HR and other units at the Sub Program.
- Assist in recruitment at Sub Program level as required
- Provided staff with Technical Support for various HR related activities
- Organizing resumes and job applications, scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview processes
- Conduct orientation and induction of new hires
- Assist in the enrolment of new staff into the payroll system.
- Coordinate the administration of staff benefits by working closely with insurance to manage staff enrolments and terminations, issuance of insurance cards.
- Preparing Incentive staff contracts.
- Supervise cleaners, office administration and ensure their duties are completed on day-to-day basis
- Assist staff in handover process, issue exit interview forms and clearance forms to staff leaving the organization
- Responsible for electronic and physical filing of all HR related documents.
- Maintain current HR files and databases.
- Maintain Timesheets which are completed every month.
- Update all staff details on the systems
- Ensure all leave plans are shared at the beginning of every year by staff
- File all staff leaves accordingly electronically and in staff physical files
- Updating staff leave balances on HRIS system
- Coordinate and monitor maintenance services, ensure proper function of the office.
- Coordinate all repairs in coordination with logistics office and Finance Department.
- Manage staff in and out staff movements and facilitate flight booking and road movement.
- Any other duties
Key skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant University Degree (Bachelor) Human Resource, Business Administration
- Higher Diploma or a Certified Human Resource Professional is a Requirement
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, with a strong preference for experience from an International NGO and/or Humanitarian work
- Strong computer skills in basic standardized software (Excel, Word, PDF, etc)
- Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written.
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Qualified persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF World Service adheres to Child protection standards and to internal Child protection Policy. LWF World Service is signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The closing date for this application is 24th June 2022.
Contract Duration: Annual Fixed Term, with possibility of renewal.
Position is open to Kenya Nationals only.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF.
You must be logged in to post a comment.