Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR NURSING OFFICER, JOB GROUP KMR 5 – (1 POSITION)
- Taking part in developing and implementing nursing care policies related to research activities;
- promoting innovation, creativity and excellence in nursing activities in the Institute;
- Ensure implementation of nursing care and services required by the various diverse research teams within the institute;
- Spearhead patient\client Centredness’ practices within the research environment;
- Monitoring and evaluating nursing activities to ensure compliance with prevailing guidelines and statutory requirements;
- Ensuring performance contracting for the unit and capacity building by appraising nursing staff;
- participating in scientific meetings;
- reviewing and approving Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- establishing staff training needs and recommending training programs; and
- Coach and mentor nursing staff.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- At least four(4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, public health, Psychology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Nursing disciplines, public health, health management, epidemiology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid Practising Licensing from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Supervisory Course not lasting less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrated work performance and results;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical skills.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Team player.
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted