Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Operations Manager is an important position to Feed the Children. The candidate will manage the daily activities of the organization by overseeing several departments. He / She will be responsible for directing actions across the organization and direct managers to improve efficiency and reduce costs as needed.
The Operations Manager oversees all operational aspects of company strategy, helps set strategic goals and is responsible for the flow of operations information.
Supervisory Responsibility Procurement Coordinator, IT Coordinator, Logistic Coordinator, Security and Maintenance Coordinator and PR Officer.
Reports Directly To: Vice President of International Operations and Compliance
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholder
- Support FEED on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the organization maintains its competitive position.
- Contribute to corporate strategy in the areas of procurement, Information technology, logistic, public relation, security, and maintenance to ensure that the organization achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Administrative Support Services through improvements of each function as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long term operational excellence.
- Oversee the procurement unit to ensure Feed the Children has the right products and services within agreed costs and quality standards and at the right times.
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
Compliance and Risk Management
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that core operational functions achieve their business objectives.
- Communicate with the NGO regulatory board to assure that Feed the Children remains in full compliance with rules and regulations stipulated in the constitution
- Work with HR unit to oversee organizational insurance policies.
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures related to OSHA, WIBA etc
- Ensure the organization have up to date contracts with different service providers, rent etc
Team Management and Development
- Supervise and oversee staff from different departments to ensure that they are motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Driving employees and leading performance reviews, to ensure an engaged and skilled workforce.
Job Level Specifications
- Extensive operations management experience
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and performance/operation metrics
- Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Great planning and project management skills
- Software and Finance management
- Strong people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- 5-7 years working experience as Operations Manager
- Experience working in NGO set up will be an added advantage
- University Degree in Business Management or related social science
How to apply
If you meet the above Qualifications, Send you application to;
You will receive a prompt to feel in an online Application