Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: CHANNELS MANAGER
Branch: HEAD OFFICE
Department : INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Summary Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – ICT. The role of Channels Manger is to Manage and direct the Bank toward its primary technological objectives, based on long-term product and profitability goals, by performing the following duties personally or through Subordinate managers.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide technical support for the bank’s Card Switch and the devices connected to the Card switch and all alternate Channels (Internet banking, Mobile banking, Paybill etc).
- Plan the implementation of any products or services on business systems.
- Monitor the performance of the Card Switch, ATMs and merchant acquiring solutions, Internet banking and Mobile banking to ensure smooth running of these systems.
- Develop, Test and implement Business Continuity plans for Card Switch System, ATMs and merchant acquiring solutions.
- Keep track of user issues and ensure their prompt resolution.
- Delivering business solutions by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that does not adversely affect business processes.
- Ensure compliance requirement provided by International Payment Schemes (VISA and MasterCard),the regulator (CBK) and internal compliance departments relating to the Card Switch, ATMs and merchant acquiring solutions are implemented on time.
- Implement upgrades or changes to the Card Switch, ATMs and merchant acquiring solutions.
- Maintain and manage system configurations.
- Maintain up to date system and user documentation.
- Provide technical support in all projects involving business systems.
- Escalate issues to respective business heads and seek early resolution. Coordinate with I.T/Vendor/Business for smooth transition.
- Analyzing reported downtime and suggesting ways to minimize the same.
- Ensure proper system release processes are adopted and are duly signed off by concerned business managers.
- Ensure that the systems provide business reports as required by the business
- Application tuning and performance monitoring.
- Ensure that all system processes and procedures are carried out effectively and systems are available for business use at all times
- Support all Core Bank applications and Database management Systems.
- Run daily, weekly, monthly and annual system batch jobs (End of day, end of month, End of year in Electra, Bankers Realm and all other business systems).
- Perform daily systems checks and monitoring.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned from time to time
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification highly desired
- Eight (8) years’ experience in a technology field within the Banking Sector with at least three (3) years at management level in a digital channels related environment.
- Knowledge of IT Banking Systems Implementation & Capabilities.
- Knowledge of Database management systems, solutions and administration.
- Knowledge of Linux administration and management
- Knowledge of networking technologies and solutions will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
If you are interested and believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application clearly indicating: your current salary and your salary expectation.
Application should be sent on or before 15th July 2022 addressed to Recruitment@spirebank.co.ke