Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGIST – GATUNDU HOSPITAL ANNEX – V/FT/103/2022
The Pharmaceutical Technologist’s job exists to provide pharmaceutical services to patients, and provide pharmacy and pharmaceutical support services in the hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispense medications and monitor patient health and progress to maximize their response to the medication in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Provide expertise about the composition of drugs, including their chemical, biological, and physical properties and their manufacture and use in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Ensure drug purity and strength and make sure that drugs do not interact in a harmful way in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Receive and process patients’ prescription correctly and accurately for both in/outpatients in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Give accurate drug information to patients, wards and other user departments in the hospital.
- Constitute, restructure, prepare and label extemporaneous preparations for in/outpatients in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Participate in drug stocking and stock taking drug in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Check the expiry dates of pharmacy drugs and ensuring compliance with the short Expiry Drug Policy in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Participate in chemotherapy dispensing and reconstitution in strict accordance with Cytoxic Handling Policy in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Participate in planning for all medicines and other medical material needs of the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Support the pharmacist in charge in proper medical warehousing applying the appropriate principles in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Dispense medicines to patients and explain to them on how to use, in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Document and file drug related information such as prescription as required by the pharmaceutical policies and practices in the hospital.
- Support the pharmacist in charge in collecting, recording and analyzing data related to drug dispensing use in the pharmacy in the hospital.
- Ensure cleanliness, orderliness and tidiness of the Pharmacy of the hospital.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Must be a Registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Valid Practice License.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- At least two (2) years working experience as a Pharmaceutical Technologist in a reputable hospital
Soft Skills Required
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
If your background and competencies match the specifications of the above positions, please apply online via
OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Filled Application Form and Licence ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you must attach the Application Letter, CV, Filled Application Form, and Practicing Licence when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 12th August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All successful candidates must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including;
• Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
• Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
• A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY