Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
SENIOR LIBRARIAN (Job Ref: ZU/10/25/50/2022)
The objective of this position is to provide leadership and direction for the development, delivery, and assessment of the University Library resources. The position holder will be responsible for the management and development of a wide range of print and digital resources, platforms, software and tools while working closely with their team and other departments to ensure that library services meet the needs of students and staff across the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor – Academics, Research, Extension & Student Affairs, the position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- Plan and direct library promotion and outreach activities;
- Writing grants to gain funding for expanded programmes or collections;
- Oversee the security of physical and e-library resources.
- Facilitating and promoting reading clubs;
- Facilitating Information Literacy skills awareness among library users
- Reviewing, evaluating and modifying library services in response to user needs;
- Undertaking information research activities on behalf of clients;
- Managing the library infrastructure (buildings, furniture and equipment);
- Budgeting and managing the library budgetary allocation;
- Provide Guidance on linkages and accreditation with relevant library bodies;
- Manage, develop and retain library staff; growing staff satisfaction, engagement and retention;
- Masters’ degree in Library and Information Studies from a recognized university.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Librarian level in a university library
- Knowledge of KOHA, Library accreditation requirements, and online subscription and usage.
- Having registered/is registrable for a Ph.D. is an added advantage;
- Must be familiar with KLISC.
- Strong interpersonal and planning Skills
- Communication and Leadership Skills
- Good customer service skills
- Budgeting skills
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number on the subject line and; indicating their current and expected salary on their application letter, not later than 11th August 2022.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITYEMPLOYER
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not ask for money in any step of the hiring process and all meetings including interviews will be held on our Campus in Ruiru: Beware of fraudsters.