Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
WORKSHOP TECHNICIAN – HOSPITALITY(Job Ref: ZU/10/25/53/2022)
The purpose of this position is to receive and issue materials, control equipment, manage requisitions, mentor students and other duties assigned in liaison with the University’s overall goal.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Department- Hospitality and Tourism, the position holder will be responsible for the following, amongst others:
- Maintain workshop equipment and facilities and ensure all workshops are under lock and key when not in use;
- Maintain an updated workshop inventory monthly or when need be, to ensure proper track of workshop resources;
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe workshop area;
- Advising the department on the operation and use of the available equipment to promote safety;
- Keep a record of breakages/ lost items;
- Ensuring cost-cutting by monitoring weekly requisitions;
- Assisting in the development of learning materials and preparing practicum schedules;
- Supervision of practical projects by students;
- Accompanying students to field trips and educational visits;
- Assisting new students to settle down;
- Guiding prospective Zetech University clients.
- Diploma in Hospitality Management or Diploma in Food and Beverage Management or a Diploma in Catering and Accommodation Management;
- At least (2) yearsof working experience in a related field.
Qualities & skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills;
- Commitment to continuous professional development;
- Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines;
- Ability to work well within a team.
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number on the subject line and; indicating their current and expected salary on their application letter, not later than 13th August 2022.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not ask for money in any step of the hiring process and all meetings including interviews will be held on our Campus in Ruiru: Beware of fraudsters.