Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB TITLE: Business Unit Sr Supervisor Surgical innovation – Sub Saharan Africa countries
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
As the Business Lead of SI (Surgical innovation) you will define and drive the strategic direction of the SI business in The Sub-Saharan region with strong collaboration with the Regional Business Leaders, CEMA/EA leadership team and our direct customers and distributor partners.
You will report solidly to the MITG Business Lead, Emerging Africa and you will be a part of the SI EA Leadership team and has total P&L responsibility for SI in The Sub-Saharan countries region
A DAY IN THE LIFE
We offer you a position where you will:
- Establish and roll-out the vision, strategy and annual goals and objectives for the SI business for the Sub-Saharan countries, ensuring alignment with overall SI business strategy and plans at CEMA, level.
- Focus on further development of both direct and in-direct business models in the region of responsibility.
- Drive Disease State Management (DSM) focus and VBHC for The Sub-Saharan region, working closely with the SI Commercial/Marketing organization on innovative business models and channel strategies.
- Develop and implement business strategies and plans to grow the SI business within The Sub-Saharan region and to deliver yearly defined objectives relative to the annual operating plan (AOP), market penetration and market share.
- Identify business growth opportunities and unmet customer requirements and provide focus for regional market development strategies.
- Analyze all The Sub-Saharan region external and internal information to develop strategies to improve sales, decrease cost and increase market share for all SI product lines.
- Drive/Ensure the implementation and the success of strategies and ad-hoc plans.
- For all the above duties, the key would be to partner with our third-party distributor partners to execute on the vision, strategy and AOP, ensuring regular in person meetings, business reviews and field visits.
- Work with the CEMA SI/MITG business leaders to provide input on forecast, inventory control, phase in/out plans, clinical evaluations, market trends, updates etc.
- Work with cross functional colleagues in finance, legal, marketing, supply chain, customer service etc. to ensure business success.
- Drive talent acquisition & development, as well as organizational development.
- Develop and maintain contact with the KOLs and other health care professionals and ensure the definition and prioritization of customer requirements, through participation in physician organizations.
YOUR PROFILE MUST HAVES
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
⦁ B.A degree ideally coupled with postgraduate degree.
⦁ Minimum 8-10 years of progressively expanding sales and marketing responsibilities, with consistent strong performance.
⦁ Minimum of 5 years of management/leadership experience.
⦁ Experience in highly competitive fast-growing market.
⦁ Medical device industry experience, ideally in a multinational.
⦁ Solid experience in managing cross-functional, cross-business issues and generating impact through others.
⦁ Experience with SI products a plus.
⦁ Experience of working in a matrix structure
⦁ Fluency in English essential, other EA languages proficiency is a plus
REQUIRED FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
⦁ Strong strategic thinker, able to identify potential opportunities and threats in the market and turn into opportunities for the SI the Sub-Saharan region organization.
⦁ Excellent communication and presentation skills.
⦁ Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems.
⦁ Able to build and manage strong relationship at all levels in Medtronic and work in a matrix business environment.
⦁ Able to partner with the distributors, building solid relationships and working relationship, leveraging strong influence management skills.
⦁ Strong talent development skills: Provides constructive feedback and coaching and creates an environment for effective talent development.
⦁ Strong financial knowledge – full understanding of all P&L elements and their inter-relationship. Ability to manage within the budget and to quantify financial impact of decisions and identifies key factors when making recommendations.
⦁ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
⦁ Team player with good interpersonal skills and political savvy approach required.
⦁ Driven for result and with good communication / presentation skills required.
Travel Required: at least 60%+ within the The Sub-Saharan region
If this is a vacancy of interest to you, please discuss this opportunity with your supervisor prior to your application via internaljobs.medtronic.com
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we’re now among the world’s largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 89,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic – both in the lives of others and your career.
Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
: EMEA-Kenya-Nairobi Primary Location
: Sales Mgmt, General Job
: Full-Time Schedule
: Day Job Shift
: Regular Employee Status
: Standard Job Type
: Manager Job Level
: Nov 7, 2019 Job Posting
Click below to apply