Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Arts/IT Coordinator for our Athi River Campus. The teacher will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that are developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the role:
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Administer Art and IT Lessons under our model – Exploration Art and Exploration Tech
- Oversee Exploration Science lessons
- Coordinate Exploration Day/Week activities and projects
- Liaise with Learning Design on Exploration Resources
- Review Lesson Plans for Exploration
- Set relevant themes for school decor for learning and admin spaces
- Organize Art and IT events in and outside of school
- Chaperone Art and Tech/Innovation Clubs
- Keep an inventory of learning resources for Art & Tech
- Coach Teammates on who support Exploration, Art & Techlessons
Statutory Responsibilities Include;
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan and execute appropriate activities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal through line manager(s) and other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Attended professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Assist in daily routine activities e.g. naptime, bus loading and off-loading, serving and supervising meals, bathroom breaks, play, parent pick-up/drop-off etc.
- Communication to parents’ needs and queries on Comm logs/diaries, WhatsApp channel and e-mail with the approval by the Dean of Students
- Chaperone after-school clubs of interest or as assigned.
- Participate in character building and behaviour management.
- Participate in Open Days as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and relevant Degree in Education.
- 1 – 2 years of teaching experience
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.