Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Manager – AgriTech Solutions Project; The position is based in Nairobi, with frequent field travel to Nyandarua, Nakuru, Siaya and Busia Counties and reports to the DCA Head of Programmes.
The main responsibilities of the PM are:
- Manage all the DMDP project planning, approval and revision process according to the PPM. This includes direct implementation and technical support/backstopping of DCA and partner project staff.
- Facilitate DCA initiated innovation initiatives at the field level in close consultations with Head of Programs (HoP) and DCA consortium partners. These will include private sector & universities partners and related innovation incubation and prototyping.
- Support the day to day implementation of DCA and Partner staff project interventions at the field level. This entails review and approval of budgets and detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, staff supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Governments and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Head of Programmes.
- Ensure that all financial and narrative reporting (internal and external) are completed in a timely and accurate manner (including quarterly reports covering systems and projects, donor reports, etc.) in accordance with DCA internal procedures and donor guidelines
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Head of Programmes from time to time.
- University level education in agriculture, project management or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Technical skills and hands on experience in food security, livelihoods and market systems development programming (preferably working with private sector actors).
- Knowledge of the rights-based approach & Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
The deadline for applications is: 12th July 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The availability of the role is contingent upon contract finalisation by the donor. The position is for 3 years. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.