Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Working closely across teams at Arifu, theISS will:
- Draft security policies and guidelines: Work with CTO & COO to update relevant documentation related to GDPR, Data Access Policies and Information Security Policies.
- Serve as a security expert and conduct training when needed.
- Design and implement safety measures, early warning systems and data recovery plans.
- Analyze IT specifications to assess security risks.
- Analyze existing security systems and make recommendations for changes or improvements.
- Communicate the system status and keep users informed of downtime or changes to the production system.
- Secure networks through firewalls/VPNs, password protection and other systems, including inspect hardware for vulnerable points of access.
- Install, configure and upgrade security software (e.g. antivirus programs) and remote asset management software.
- Upgrade systems regularly to remain secure Arifu’s digital assets; provide system updates and write code fixes application level vulnerabilities using security libraries (e.g. Sqreen).
- Monitor network activity to identify issues early, provide early warning of abnormalities or problems and escalate them to CTO.
- Act on privacy breaches and malware threats, in the event that a security breach does occur, prepare reports and action plans to prevent future breaches.
- Organize and conduct tests and “ethical hacks” of the existing security architecture,
The ISS should have the following:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field; professional certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+, CISSP, AWS CSS) is a plus.
- Proven experience as a ICS Specialist (5+ years), knowledge of current security risks and protocols (deep working knowledge of AWS security tools).
- Willingness to work through the problem (any time of the day) in the event of a security breach or other emergency, keeping the CTO informed and seeking decision/approvals.
- Ability to work under supervision, as well as the ability to take independent initiative when needed during crisis situations.
- Expertise in patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems (e.g.TippingPoint, AWS IDS/IPS).
- Programming skills in 2 languages will be preferred (e.g. knowledge of Python or Java or C++languages).
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework), public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL / TLS).
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability.
- Outstanding communication, organization and decision-making skills.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter (in Word format, “FirstName LastName – The Position”) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up the first conversation.