Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Arifu is looking to hire a highly motivated Senior Learning Designer to research, write and improve Arifu’s expanding educational content offering and help us realize a bold vision of placing a smart personal learning assistant in everyone’s hands across Africa and globally.
Arifu reached over 1m users in 2019 with a rapidly growing active user base. The Senior Learning Designer will be an essential member of the Learning team in developing impactful content that drives Arifu’s value-addition to our key stakeholders.
The Learning Team at Arifu designs content in partnership with industry experts and local and multilateral institutions and works closely with Arifu research and data teams to generate insights from field research, rapid A/B testing and learner data to drive the relevance and impact of Arifu’s content on end learners. The Senior Learning Designer will be responsible for leading other Learning Designers in the research, writing and improving Arifu’s expanding educational content offering.
This is a full-time position with equity participation based at Arifu’s headquarters in Nairobi.
The Senior Learning Designer will report directly to the Chief Learning Officer and be responsible for:
- Leading project scoping sessions with partners and technical experts;
- Assuring a high level of quality in both your own work and the work of designers you are leading;
- Conducting and overseeing other designers in the following activities:
- Performing field research to gather insights on learner biases, mental models and cultural norms to inform content design;
- Contributing to the design and structure of new programs including setting learning outcomes, brainstorming treatment design, writing content and informing program evaluation;
- Communicating with partners to resolve content-related issues;
- Maintaining strong project management capabilities with planning, communicating, documenting, and tracking milestones and results;
- Contributing to team strategy for prioritizing new partnerships and content to add to the Arifu platform;
- Assessing when work is client-ready for both your own work and the work of designers you are leading;
- Participating in regular check-ins with the Chief Learning Officer to give updates on all projects you are leading;
- Participating in community events, trade meetups, and industry workshops in Nairobi and globally.
A desire to impact lives, the ability to make a long term commitment to your team and the product, and exceptional problem-solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team. For this role, we’re also looking for someone with the following:
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in content design, preferably in East Africa;
- Masters or Undergraduate degree with relevant experience in education or a related field;
- Proven leadership skills, preferably with a minimum of 1-2 years of job experience leading others in research and content design;
- Strong willingness and motivation to help develop the skill and abilities of other designers on the team;
- Strong written communication and excellent attention to detail while taking large bodies of information and transforming them into short, effective trainings;
- Fluency in English required and fluency in Swahili preferred;
- Experience conducting and leading field research and willingness to spend long days in the sun, talking to people about their lives and observing them interacting with our products;
- Resourceful and proactive when generating solutions to the problems that stand in your way;
- Ability to enjoy (and survive) the chaos of a high-growth startup.
Compensation and Benefits:
First and foremost, we care about your success and will support you along your journey to achieving remarkable success.
We aspire to be competitive on compensation although, as an early-stage social enterprise, many on the teamwork just below market rate. To make up for that, staff are able to participate in the Arifu employee share program. We also offer
a comprehensive health insurance package and will cover the cost of a work permit for foreign staff. Other benefitsinclude monthly airtime allowance, extra leave, a stocked kitchen, and plenty of ping-pong and foosball.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter (in Word format, “FirstName LastName – The Position”) to email@example.com with the position in the subject. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up the first conversation.