Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Responsible for setting standards, licensing, ensuring service viability and advocacy through public education in Water Service delivery.
This role reports to the Chief Executive officer
Manager Licensing, Manager Standards, Manager Tariffs, and Manager Advocacy & Public Education
- Co-ordinate the determination of standards for water service provision including asset development and management, water quality, tariffs, governance, and complaints handling;
- Co-ordinate the licensing of water services providers;
- Co-ordinate the evaluation of the pricing for water;
- Oversee independent review or analysis of water and waste water quality reports;
- Liaise with communication team on dissemination of engineering regulations, rules, and standards to targeted users;
- Undertake engineering data and information verification and analysis;
- Review all water and sanitation engineer, inspector, contractors, and system operator license applications and approve license issuance;
- Facilitate effective engagement with various stakeholders to build good will and create enabling environment for water service provision;
- Develop a model memorandum of articles of association to be used by WSPs;
- Stipulate instances and terms for take-over of WSP by WWDA;
- Undertake the development of criteria and guidelines for the establishment of water consumer groups;
- Support the establishment, roll out and active voluntary participation of water consumer groups in relevant key activities in water service regulation;
- Liaises with communication team on dissemination of institutional operational and capacity building regulations, rules, and standards to targeted users;
- Ensure reporting on work done into the reporting structures in the Board on a monthly; quarterly or annual basis;
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing the WASREB internal community along to support the outputs delivered by developing effective and strategic relationships;
- Develop strategies and tools for improving customer services in the sector;
- Promote stakeholder/public participation in the provision of water services;
- Create and manage platforms for engagement with stakeholders;
- Develop and implement collaborative arrangements and networking with stakeholders;
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing external stakeholders along with the WASREB through open, professional, and proactive engagement and with enforcement partners in relation to specific cases;
- Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery;
- Take responsibility for the reports emerging from the Directorate and all documentation sent to the CEO;
- Coordinate the Directorate’s budgeting and Cost containment within the budget;
- Manage the skills development for staff to ensure that training needs are properly identified and appropriate training is arranged;
- Manage and conduct performance management reviews for the Directorate;
- Work closely with departmental heads to develop goals and initiatives;
- Ensure quality control of work;
- Liaise with stakeholders on financial sustainability of water utilities;
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Board;
- Plans & assigns the work to subordinates;
- Monitors subordinates work performance; and
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates’ performance
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Membership of a professional body and in good standing;
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Twelve (12) years Relevant work experience with five (5) years in Senior Management;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Communicating with impact;
- Leading and managing people;
- Applying technical expertise;
- Planning and organizing;
- Managing performance;
- Budgeting and resource management;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Formulating policy and strategies;
- Leading and managing change;
- Leading and managing programmes;
- Initiating and deciding actions;
- Strategic visioning and innovative thinking;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Relating and networking; and
- IT Proficiency
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The position of Director Standards, Licensing & Advocacy will be on Five (5) year contract renewable once on satisfactory performance, while all the other positions will be on pensionable terms of service.
How to Apply
All applications must be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates and should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Water Services Regulatory Board,
P.O. Box 41621 00100,
So as to be received not later than 23.59 hours on Tuesday 15th September 2020. Due to the threat caused by COVID –19, the applications should be submitted only through electronic means. They should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with only ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line.
WASREB is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting the following compliance certificates; Certificate of Good Conduct, Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance, and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.