Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
TEAM: Corporate Management Team (CMT)
EMPLOYER: Kericho Water & Sanitation Company Limited
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract (five years renewable based on performance)
KEWASCO is a clustered Company and a fully owned Water Service Provider by the County Government of Kericho. It is responsible for provision of water and sanitation services within Kericho County and its environs. Our vision to be a leading and self-sustaining Water and Sanitation Service provider in Kenya
We are seeking to recruit a Human Resource and Administration Manager.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Reporting to the Managing Director, s/he is responsible for development of policies, overall management and coordination of Human Resource and Administration functions, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services while ensuring all staff have a conducive working environment for personal and career growth.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals;
- Liaise with departmental heads in identifying the organization’s training and development needs;
- Develop and review HR policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment;
- Manage the disciplinary and grievances processes in accordance with HR Policy Procedures Manual and in compliance with the legal requirements;
- Provide advisory and manage recruitment process, oversee the placement, contracting and induction of new staff;
- Guide departmental managers to conduct staff performance appraisals effectively;
- Review and update all systems related to HR management in the organization (leave, payroll, staff loans, employee files);
- Manage the Company’s remuneration including payroll administration, Staff Medical Insurance scheme and ensure conformity to all statutory requirement;
- Maintain harmonious industrial relations with the Staff Union; lead the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations and manage implementation of the same;
- Implement and/or support the Company’s staff change management initiatives and acting as the internal human resources consultant on various matters as may be required from time to time by Functional Heads;
- Promote staff welfare and wellness as well as lead staff welfare team;
- Ensure that the Company’s training and development plans are prepared in time and appropriate training initiatives are developed in line with the training calendar;
- Ensure staff leave utilization is effectively managed, accurately tracked and appropriate recommendations made;
- Oversee administrative services such as office services, registry and company premises and renovations;
- Organizes CMT and general staff meetings and take minutes.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or in Business Administration, Arts (Human Resource Management option). Those with masters have an added advantage ;
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (K) with a current Practicing Certificate;
- Other Specialist Training or Certifications;
- 0ver 5 years progressive experience as a Human Resource and Administration Manager at senior managerial level.
Communication skills and Competencies
- Should demonstrate leadership through influence and effective conflict resolution; effective team player, change agent with good leadership and people-management skills;
- Should have a good track record and highest level of personal and professional integrity;
- Should posses strong communication skills and superb inter-personal skills;
- Should possess knowledge of Employment Act/Labour laws;
- Should have ability to make effective and persuasive speeches to staff, make presentations to top management, public groups, and Boards of directors;
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit his/her application with detailed CV and photocopies of relevant testimonials, stating his/her current position, current and expected remuneration package, e-mail, contact and telephone number, names and contacts of three referees.
Submit your application via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject, “Application for the post of Human Resources & Administration Manager” to reach the Managing Director latest Friday, 18th September, 2020.
Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/considered
The Managing Director
Kericho Water & Sanitation Co. Ltd
P.O Box 1379 – 20200
Tel: (052) 2020602
Detailed job description is found on our website www.kewasco.co.ke.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Those who had applied need not to re-apply