Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Management University of Africa (MUA) is a private University in Kenya located
Off Mombasa Road in Nairobi. We envision being a premier university providing
Management and transformative leadership solutions worldwide. We are looking for
dynamic, self-driven and result oriented professional to fill the below position: –
ASSISTANT DEAN OF STUDENTS AND CAREER COUNSELOR
The Assistant Dean and Career Counsellor will be the in charge of deputizing for the
Dean of Students, sourcing for placement opportunities, and for the guidance and
counselling of day, evening and weekend, open and distance learning students.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist the Dean of Students in all issues pertaining to student affairs
2. Liaising with the industry for placement of students for employment, internship and industrial Attachment opportunities
3. Mentorship of students through lectures from players from the industry
4. Draw and implement a programme for group and individual counselling on
identified biopsychosocial needs of students that affects academic life of students
5. Give Guidance on choosing and attaining an educational or career goal.
6. Counsel and advise students, individually or in groups, on issues related to planning an academic program
7. Train students on job search skills, such as writing a winning curriculum vitae, resume, application letters, interviewee skills, and networking
8. Identify students in need of referral resources outside the school for additional support
9. Supervise the acquisition, maintenance, and dissemination of information regarding career fields,employment opportunities, and specific employers for full-time, part-time, internship and work-study opportunities.
10. Provide information on specific programs and services offered by the university or by organizations outside for the educational and/or career enhancement of students.
11. Develop partnerships with Alumni Organizations to identify employment opportunities and engage their participation in campus recruitment services such as on-line job listing service, resume referral, on-campus interviews, career fairs and information sessions.
12. Assist with administrative responsibilities as assigned by his supervisor.
13. Provide psycho-social support side of guidance and counselling.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The interested applicants in the position should have the following qualifications:-
a) A bachelor’s degree Counseling or Psychology
b) Be empathic and a good listener
c) Have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
d) Be computer literate
e) Have excellent report writing skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements above should forward their
applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact,
name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not
later than Tuesday 12th February 2021.
The Management University of Africa is an equal
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P. O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI