Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PATH has been in Kenya since 1990, operating as part of our global organization that works in over 70 countries around the world. Over the course of two and half decades, PATH Kenya has worked closely with the Government of Kenya and other key partners in designing and applying appropriate and innovative approaches that have contributed to improving the quality of care and saving lives.
USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto aims to increase the use of quality county-led, county-owned, and county-managed health and social services for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescents, as well as reducing new HIV infections, reducing gender-based violence, and improving the health system response to post-gender-based violence care for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged 9 to 24 years. The program will safeguard the rights and welfare of children and adolescents impacted by HIV/AIDS.
USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto will be implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Migori, and Kisii, in close collaboration with and in support of county health management teams and the Ministry of Health of Kenya. USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto will work in coordination with USAID and other host-country public and private partners, including the departments of children services, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), and public health facilities.
We seek to recruit a Procurement Associate who will be responsible for day-to-day processing of procurements in compliance with USAID rules / PATH Kenya’s internal policies and ensure timely purchase of goods and services for the project, while maintaining high standards of stewardship and accountability.
The Procurement Associate will be based in Homa Bay.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for project procurement and ensuring compliance with donor and PATH policies.
- Undertaking all procurement functions, such as preparing requests for quotations, managing bid evaluations; coordinating the vendor selection process; developing procurement justification documentation (e.g., bid analyses; selection and negotiation memos etc.); and executing purchase orders with selected vendors.
- Monitoring all purchase orders and following up with vendors to obtain invoices.
- Coordinating with the Accounting team to ensure that invoices have been paid.
- Providing updates on status of project procurement as requested.
- Maintaining up-to-date procurement files (paper and electronic backup), in accordance with project and PATH policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the project team to develop an annual procurement plan.
- Responsible for preparing procurement report on a monthly basis.
- Managing any other procurement-related tasks as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any business-related field with a specialization /bias in procurement, CIPS qualification and KISM membership will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years progressive relevant on job experience, preferably in a busy NGO setting.
- Familiarity with USAID Rules and Regulations and Kenyan procurement laws.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong attention to detail, sound technical and analytical skills.
- High standards of integrity.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to take self-initiatives and solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
Candidates must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.