Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
Zetech University is a premier university offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.
The University offers programmes in Information Technology, Business, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Education, Communication and Media Studies.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Systems Administrator.
JOB REF: ZU/10/25/126
Reporting to the IT Manager, the position holder will, among other duties be responsible for:
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Enterprise Applications hosted on Windows Server 2012/2016;
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime;
- Troubleshooting network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment;
- Manage Active Directory; Set up user accounts and workstations;
- Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016, 2019 operating systems;
- Perform administrative and maintenance tasks to ensure that standards are met, including preventative maintenance on client systems, hardware repair, stocking and organization of hardware, inventory maintenance, and keeping up to date ticketing records as well as technical documentation;
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary;
- Manage vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services;
- Works on assignments dealing with the routine and daily operation, use, and configuration of the Moodle LMS;
- Maintains procedures and policies to ensure the security and integrity of LMS systems;
- Provides troubleshooting assistance for users regarding logging in to the LMS and accessing courses;
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues relating to system functionality;
- Install, modify, clean and repair monitors, keyboards, mice, central processing units (CPUs), printers and other peripherals;
- Maintain computer lab functionality: apply several key fixes to system errors; identified and installed new upgrade needs;
- Manage laboratory software, test materials, and hardware to ensure security;
- Support the use of standard classroom technology (computers and AV systems);
- Collaborate with faculty on the use of educational technology in their work;
- Serves as point of escalation for support and third party integration issues, which may include interaction with LMS vendor and other related vendor support services;
- Works with the instructional technologist and instructional designers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS and course content;
- Advise academic staff on appropriate tools and design requirements for media‐rich learning resources;
- Install and configure software and hardware, manage network servers and technology tools;
- Designing and implementing both the physical and wireless networks, including those for computer communications and telecommunications;
- Establishes VPN, LAN, WAN and DMZ specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols;
- Manage the physical and virtual environment (Hyper V);
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information system management, information technology or other related area.
- Desirable to possess the following certifications; MCSE, CCNA and ITIL.
- Basic Certification on Cloud Technologies either in Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- High levels of integrity.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills and high quality customer service.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address – email@example.com quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/126 as the subject, indicating the current and
expected salary not later than 25th May 2021.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER