Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
For more information on our operations in Kenya and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
Background and Project summary: Integrated & Climate Smart Innovations for Agro-Pastoralist Economies and Landscapes Kenya’s ASAL (ICSIAPL)
The Integrated & Climate Smart Innovations for Agro-Pastoralists and Landscapes (ICSIAPL) is a partnership of SNV, Kenya Agriculture Research Organization (KALRO) and the three county governments of Taita Taveta, Kajiado and Narok. The project will apply research towards building more resilient and market-based solutions for improved forage production and livestock husbandry through climate smart innovations and sustainable landscape management. The project aims to stimulate business models, and forage production and sales in order to provide opportunities for women and youth enterprise development, as well as opportunities for large scale commercial production. ICSIAPL aims to support counties to build on the commercialization of climate smart innovations and to develop sustainable landscape management.
The overall objective of the project is to enhance livelihoods of communities through improved forage production and livestock husbandry, building on commercialization of climate smart innovations and sustainable landscape management in Taita Taveta, Kajiado and Narok counties.
- Increased resilience of Agro-pastoralists and SMEs against climate shocks by the adoption of technology and upscaling of appropriate grazing and feeding innovations.
- Improved capacity of county governments and other stakeholders in planning, implementation and coordination of integrated landscape and grazing management and drought resilient livestock feeding strategies.
- Improved ability of county governments to domesticate national policies and develop local strategies/frameworks for drought resilient livestock sector development.
The Project Manager will supervise and guide the project and will be based in Nairobi with extensive travel. S/he will have the following responsibilities:
- Organizing and managing the ICSIAPL project support processes.
- Coordinating, supervising ICSIAPL staff and facilitating smooth delivery of the project by consortium partners.
- Oversight for the project team including required performance management.
- Project finance management, regular monitoring and preparing accountability reports to the donor.
- Oversee the implementation of the communication, and marketing strategy.
- Identify local public and private knowledge and training providers to explore their potential contribution to the ICSIAPL project.
- Oversee development and implementation of systems for project monitoring and evaluation of impact.
- Oversee knowledge development agenda which will include – reviewing ICSIAPL Theory of Change, results framework and annual work plans, design and quality assurance of the M&E framework, and design/quality assurance of a framework for documentation of interventions around innovations facilitated by the project.
- Account manager for the strategic partnerships: consortium partnership and partnerships with three County Governments.
- Consolidating and managing identified portfolio of project partners in line with set agreements.
- Identifying partnership/ collaboration opportunities supporting ICSIAPL supply chains and market development and developing partnerships with relevant private sector and other organizations that are relevant stakeholders for implementation.
- Representing the project and its partners in engagement with relevant stakeholders at county and national level on fodder/forage value chain, landscape, and related policy engagement.
Oversee delivery of Project work packages:
Supported by County and Technical Advisors:
- Oversee county level implementation by the ICSIAPL consortium partners and assigned service providers, of agreed workplans with value chain partners – livestock keepers, group ranches, conservancies, cooperatives – on the establishment of forage plots, feedlots, pastures, both on-farm and/or for commercial forage production.
- Oversee and guide operationalization of the business innovation mechanisms in conjunction with the Business Innovation Advisor.
- Facilitate and oversee inputs by KALRO and agreed partners; private sector etc. for successful dissemination of drought-resilient feeding innovations for adoption by farmer organizations and other value chain partners.
- Oversee capacity development of stakeholders to implement climate resilient integrated landscape management strategies.
- Oversee operationalization of policy engagement interventions on identified agenda by studies and validated with county stakeholders
- Advanced degree in Agriculture, Governance and policy development, climate change, Project Management, Integrated Land resources management, or agribusiness or any other related fields.
- S/he should have at least 15 years’ experience, with working knowledge of the ASALs in Kenya.
- Experience and knowledge of the fodder forage value chain and integrated landscape management and working within the private sector would be an advantage.
- Experience of project development and management at sector/systemic level, including the management of projects with a climate change lens.
- Knowledge and experience on adoption and upscaling of climate resilient practices and innovations.
- Experience in partnership development, particularly at the county level.
- Excellent relationship management skills to manage the consortium.
- Proven ability in overseeing M&E and a knowledge development agenda
- Good networks in the ICSIAPL thematic and regional areas of operation
- Good leadership and management skills and experience in working in partnerships.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in fodder forage value chain, landscape management, Climate change and Project Management.
- Should be a team player and an excellent communicator
Contract Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension.
Desired Start Date: November 2021
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the “I AM INTERESTED” tab on this page and submit an application letter and CV (in English) that contains three referees before 6th September 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment