Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The roles and responsibilities below are all in the pursuit of the overall goal of this role, which is to: Launch and run a new Electric Pressure Cooking Business as a subsidiary of BURN Manufacturing.
Specific roles and responsibilities may change as the position, and the company, and the product, evolve. This is a flexible and demanding post with numerous associated responsibilities. The key areas identified are:
- Set the Strategic Direction: The MD will be responsible the development of a 3-year strategic plan and ensuring its adoption across the new business. They will be required to manage the development of corporate plans and budgets and take the lead role in all the planning and budgeting activities. In this position, the MD will establish and review key strategic priorities and translate them into actionable and quantitative plans.
- Build the team – The MD will be responsible for optimizing the company organization chart.
- Refine the Business Plan and Financial Model: The MD, working with BURN’s existing finance team is expected to develop the Business Plan, Financial Model and Investor Memorandum to guide and fund the new entity.
- Fundraise: The MD will develop and execute a strategic funding plan that will include a mixture of equity, debt, and grants.
- Partnership Development: The MD will develop and execute a strategic partnership plan that will include distributors, Telco’s, Utilities and Funders.
- Run the Business: A core part of this role will require that the MD manages the day-to-day activities of the business ensuring the successful execution of strategy and driving the business to achieve key commercial milestones and KPIs.
The Person: Have a minimum of 5 years of proven success taking a consumer product startup to scale in Sub Saharan Africa. It is essential that the previous experience is within a startup with a minimum annual turnover of $1,000,000. You are a strong communicator, have always the overview over all moving pieces in your team. You have immense experience in managing teams that might span different time zones. You are a hands-on person; a people’s person and you know how to set priorities and coordinate with all stakeholders within and outside of the company.
We offer: A role with significant responsibility and a competitive compensation package commensurate to the experience of the candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
How To Apply
Qualified women candidates encouraged to apply.