Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Council Act, 2013 as the leading institution in the regulation of media and in the supervision of the conduct and discipline of journalists.
The Council seeks to fill the following position:
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
The overall function of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is to oversee the Council’s programs, monitor execution and provide reports that will guide the strategic orientation of the programs. The role is required to ensure robust systems are developed and implemented to support efficiency in projects data collection, collation, and management alongside taking lead in program evaluations and contributions towards evidence-based interventions that inform implementation of programs.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the development of programme specific monitoring and evaluation systems and tools to facilitate seamless tracking of programme activities, data and reports;
• Provide technical support to the Council in the implementation of M&E plans;
• Establish and implement reliable data management systems for data collection, storage, analysis and reporting;
• Disseminate programme targets and quality improvement indicators to programme implementors and ensure regular tracking;
• Prepare consolidated final annual report for MCK programmes including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementations and providing specific recommendations;
• Support the media monitoring and research function in systems development, application in research and production of relevant output;
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of data to the Council or any other relevant stakeholder or donor as scheduled;
• Lead in designing, development and implementation of Council’s and programme-specific evaluation and performance measurement tool;
• Oversee conducting of routine and ad hoc programme evaluations including midterm and end term assessments; and
• Provide specific and complex regular feedback to respective departments on status, direction and progress of targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
• A university degree preferably in Economics, Statistic, or any relevant related field.
• Postgraduate training in M&E will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible professional work experiences in M&E.
• Proven experience in strategic approaches for programme monitoring and evaluation and assessment of best practices and lessons learned.
• Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
• Knowledge of and experience in statistical methods: SPSS, Stata.
• Excellent presentation skills.
How to apply:
Applicants meeting above qualifications should send their applications, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees. Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can also be sent via E-mail: email@example.com Or hand deliver applications to: Media Council of Kenya by 1st October 2021.
NB: The Media Council of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.