Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PROCUREMENT OFFICER – HR-PO-04-2022
An exciting and challenging position has arisen in the Nation Media Group PLC, Procurement Department and we wish to fill the position competitively. We invite applicants who are performance driven and possess excellent transferable skills, demonstrable track records of achievement in past roles. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the ideal candidate will be charged with the responsibility of assisting with timely procurement of quality goods and services that are competitively priced from the company’s approved suppliers both locally and globally, as per the Group’s business requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Effective and efficient sourcing of goods and services, both locally and internationally, as per laid down procedures;
- Managing supplier/ customers relations;
- Monitoring market trends;
- Ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services that meet all specifications, company requirements and from approved suppliers;
- Analyzing and evaluating RFQ and RFP response documents, recommending the most competitive supplier (s) for engagement and adopting the appropriate purchasing model;
- Liaising with respective suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, transporters and regulating authorities such as KRA, KEBS and KPA for timely and effective delivery of materials;
- Suppliers performance management through regular tripartite meetings with internal customers and evaluation through SAP MM system for optimal value;
- Attending internal customer meetings to better understand their requirements; and
- Contracting and contract management.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field;
- Diploma in CIPS or other relevant professional certifications;
- At least 4 years work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
- High degree of integrity and honesty;
- Result driven and a team player;
- Knowledge of SAP Materials Management module.
- Project management and analytical skills;
- Well conversant with contemporary procurement processes;
- Prior experience in handling IT hardware/ software purchases and digital requirements
If you meet the above criteria, apply online athttps://www.nationmedia.com/careers on or before 8th May, 2022.
Note: We Shall Only Contact The Short Listed Applicants