Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Resource Mobilization Lead
Reports To: Interim Executive Director
Supervises: Not Applicable
Location: Nairobi, with occasional travel to the field
Internally: Senior Management Team, Communications & Advocacy Team, Finance & Operations Team
Externally: Individual and Institutional Donors, Partners
Provide independent advice and support in developing and/or executing strategic, operational plans to meet defined fundraising targets, objectives, and aspirations Develop clear goals in line with findings and agreed strategies, identify priorities, foresee risks and make allowances
As the Resource Mobilization Lead, you will be responsible for cultivating, qualifying, soliciting, and stewarding Akili Dada’s funding portfolio. In addition, you will play an integral role in developing and instituting a resource mobilization strategy to support the diversification of Akili Dada’s support base by targeting new institutional and program-based donors – leading
donor cultivation and management in collaboration with the Senior Management Team and Interim Executive Director. Candidates must have a heart for advancing girls’ and young women’s rights.
**Self Identifying feminists are encouraged to apply.
Developing Resource Mobilization strategy
- Provide independent advice and support in developing and/or executing strategic, operational plans to meet defined fundraising targets, objectives, and aspirations
- Develop clear goals in line with findings and agreed strategies, identify priorities, foresee risks and make allowances accordingly
- Develop and improve the effectiveness of the organization-wide oversight, monitoring, and coordination of resource mobilization and stakeholder reporting/accountability
- Together with the Finance Manager review and refine Akili Dada’s forecasting model and develop accurate benchmarks to guide the projections of funding needs.
Donor cultivation and partnership building
- Lead networking and resource mobilization efforts, pursuing opportunities aligned with Akili Dada’s institutional growth and sustainability strategy.
- Research potential donors to gain insight into values alignment and institutional priorities vis-a-vis Akili Dada’s needs and priorities.
- Accurately profile Akili Dada’s work to various target audiences including donors and funding partners of interest, ensuring the availability of relevant packaged programmatic and impact data
- Lead donor cultivation activities, including identifying possible funding partners and initiating relationships with key decision-makers
- Lead all grant writing efforts, presenting solicited and unsolicited proposals to new funding partners.
- With input from the Senior Management Team and the Interim Executive Director, lead the identification and development of relationships with non-traditional funders, including but not limited to corporates and bi-lateral organizations who share Akili Dada ideals.
Spearhead fundraising initiatives
- Leverage technology and social media to improve online
- Take the lead in planning and coordinating events meant to
raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and
interns related to event planning and execution.
- Create resource mobilization materials such as flyers, decks,
and brochures to promote events and other fundraising
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising
activities for effectiveness and identify areas where money
can be saved and return on investment.
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the
feminist/women’s and girls’ rights movement to build
partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
- Maintain complete and orderly records of Akili Dada’s partner/donor portfolio and manage regular donor communications.
- Produce, develop and deepen individual donor relationships, ensuring that the organization maintains effective communications and good relations with donor partners, ensuring they are updated on our work and achievements and up-to-date reports for staff and management.
- Organize donor round tables and develop an understanding of grant cycles and preferences of different donors.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated track record of grant writing, proposal development, and fundraising.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of fundraising in the philanthropy, bi-lateral and corporate space.
- Industry knowledge of the education sector and a good understanding of girls’ and women’s rights.
- Versatile fundraiser with demonstrated ability to work with corporates, feminist funders, philanthropists, and bi-laterals.
- Entrepreneurial, demonstrates solid financial understanding, and can identify and exploit fundraising opportunities.
- Strong team working orientation, with the ability and social skills to work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a soft copy of the Expression of Interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org, copy email@example.com.
Attention: Applications are to be considered on a rolling basis.
The subject line should read ‘Resource Mobilization Lead Vacancy.’
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted, qualified candidates will be contacted.