Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Sendwave is on a mission to make sending funds to loved ones as easy and affordable as sending a text. What makes us stand out in a sea of similar apps? We deeply care about the diasporas and communities we serve — and that comes with a sense of connection to the markets we operate in. We strive to make life better for everyone who touches our product. That means recognizing and honoring the human experience behind sending money. We do that by remaining fee-free in most of our markets and offering round-the-clock customer care.
Our app is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and parts of Europe, and sends funds to 19 receiving countries for over 500,000 users. We currently have a 4.6-star rating on Trustpilot — people put their faith in us to deliver their money quickly, securely, and affordably. And we’re pretty darn proud of that.
How we work
What we’re most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you’ll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
- Prioritize fearlessly.
There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We’re not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
- Take full ownership of the outcomes we’re responsible for.
Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It’s to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn’t work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
- Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture.
We believe the challenges we’re addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together. We’re not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
- Maximize our rate of learning.
We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won’t work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops — as a company and individuals — the faster we’ll achieve our mission.
- Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others.
We function best when we’re open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- Maximize energy, not time spent.
We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
Your key area of focus:
This role requires at least two years of digital marketing analytics experience (including proficiency with Looker or Tableau), working in fast-paced, high-growth environments. [This role requires 1-3 years of digital marketing analytics experience, (including experience using Looker or Tableau).]
In your first few months, you’ll:
- Consistently look through our data for areas of opportunities and recommend data-driven ways to implement these wins
- Take a vital part in launching new markets and growing our existing user base
- Analyze and help manage monthly budgets of above $500K.
- Analyze and report in-channel and in-market performance and identify key trends
- Work hand in hand with the digital team to ensure a high level of usage of the data
- Build and maintain advanced Looker dashboards
- Build out digital analysis tools
- Build new user acquisition strategies: defining hypotheses, analyzing results, and iterating through new tests as we optimize our user acquisition machine [Work closely with the team to build new user acquisition strategies….)
What you bring to the table…
- Native or fluent in English
- Work authorization: You must possess the right to work in the country you apply for
- Experience working with reporting on digital channels (Facebook, Google, ASA, MMPs, etc.)
- [Recommendation] 1-3 years of experience using Looker, or Tableau to report and drive decisions.
- 2+ years of Looker experience, or Tableau or a similar tool
- Ability to design and improve Looker dashboards and trackers [Interest in designing and improving looker dashboards]
- Ability to automate reporting and build Google Sheets analysis tools
- Experience diving deep into growth data and providing actionable learnings from it
- Deep understanding of performance marketing metrics [Understanding and interest in performance marketing metrics)
Bonus points if you:
- Are obsessed with data and simplifying data for wider team use
- Enjoy building dashboards and tools to empower your team
- Find growth marketing in the digital space fascinating and are eager to grow and learn the ins and outs of performance marketing
- Are comfortable being scrappy, while staying critical when driving growth in the community via different digital channels
- Possess a bias toward action and testing, and are analytical and critical in your approach
- Quickly absorb new cultural settings and understand how they might impact Sendwave’s strategy
- Are driven by numbers, able to work autonomously, and understand that teamwork is key to success
- Enjoy working across multiple countries and languages, and develop resilient strategies that utilize broad learnings, country-specific learnings, and macro-dynamics
- Are extremely detail-oriented and structured in the way you approach data and digital marketing
- Have previous digital growth marketing experience with mobile apps
- Are familiar with the diaspora communities we serve
- Are fluent in multiple languages
- Have experience launching own projects
- Have experience working with BigQuery
- Have basic SQL skills
- You can work remotely as long as you have reliable Internet access. You can be based in any of the following countries if you have the right to work there and will not need employer sponsorship during your employment duration— in the US, Canada, Costa Rica, UK, Germany France, Kenya, and Senegal.
- Compensation is localized based on where the applicant has the pre-existing legal right to work and where they will do the majority of their tasks:
- US USD Level 1- 65,752 | Level 2 80,000
- Canada CAD Level 1- 89440 | Level 2- 102,749
- Costa Rica CRC Level 1- 26,076,260 | Level 2- 30,523,634
- UK GBP Level 1- 38,000 | Level 2- 44,481
- Germany EUR Level 1- 100,996 | Level 2- 105,975
- France EUR Level 1- 60,626 | Level 2- 67,313
- Kenya KSH Level 1- 5,089,269 | Level 2- 5,544,245
- Senegal XOF Level 1- 26,803,686 | Level 2- 29,698,815
- Major benefits:
- 100% remote work.
- Significant equity.
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country to country).
- 26 weeks of fully-paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance.
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement.
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching.
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees, fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- Proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Our new collaborators at WorldRemit, another remittance company. We recently joined forces, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.