Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Trans-Nzoia County Public Service Board invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacancies:
COUNTY DIRECTOR (HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT)
JOB GROUP “R”
CPSB 3 – ONE  POST ADVERT NO. 11/2021/2022
Salary scale: Ksh.115, 290 x 5,770 – 121,060 x 6,050 – 127,110 x 6,240 – 133,350 x 6,420 – 139,770 x 6,610 – 146,380 x6, 790 – 153,170 p.m.
The Director Human Resource Management will be responsible to the Chief Officer Public Service Management for formulating, reviewing, and overseeing the implementation of County’s Human Resource strategies, plans and policies to ensure that the County Government attracts, retains and motivates the right caliber of staff required for the achievement of the county government’s objectives.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring smooth operations of the human resource functions as directed by the County Public Service Board.
- Implementing the Board’s decisions as regard appointments, promotions and discipline among others;
Carry our staff audits, identifying gaps and proposing optimal staffing levels in the county;
- Preparing the budget for human resource management functions.
- Ensuring correct interpretation of human resource policies, rules regulations, labor laws, and other relevant statute;
- Implementing and establishing performance management systems; vii) Establishing records management systems and organizing the transfer of all human resource records whenever necessary;
Preparing human resource reports;
- Undertaking capacity building for the county government staff;
- Ensuring compliance with the values and principles outlined in articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirement for appointment
- Be a Kenya citizen;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- postgraduate qualification in human resource management;
- Have not less than ten (10) years’ experience in the relevant field, at least five (5) of which should be at management level;
- Have a thorough understanding of human resource management policies, regulations and employee relations, labour laws and other statutes that impact on human resource management;
- Have shown exemplary leadership qualities;
- Have the capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
- Have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for delivery;
- Process knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework of the public service;
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Be proficient in the relevant computer applications.
Terms of Service: Contract/ P&P
HOW TO APPLY
A duly filled CPSB.1 (2020) form, written application, CV, copies of certificates, testimonials and National Identity Card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side, the position being applied for and addressed to:
Trans-Nzoia County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 4210, 30200
CPSB.1 (2020) form can be downloaded at http://www.transnzoia.go.ke/notices
For a candidate to meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution,
he/she must have the following clearances:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Copies of the above certificates MUST be attached to the applications for Job Groups H and above.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Trans Nzoia County Public Service Board does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Our official communication channels are email address firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and phone number: 0713635352, 0110005315 only.
All applications should reach the Board Secretary, Trans-Nzoia County Public Service Board, Board’s Offices situated after Mt. Elgon Hospital next to the Kenya Red Cross Offices on or before 26th November, 2021.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.